I want to share a couple of things that were in my inbox today. This video goes into the same category as these two favorites:
If you'll indulge me for a moment, I haven't really complained about the Hell-Hole lately. OK, I've complained, but I haven't bitched. Here goes...
The woman who is our 'reading interventionist' is really just such a waste of skin sometimes! I realize that's a bit harsh, but it's the truth! I may have mentioned before that, despite the fact that she's supposed to have been working with our kids since September, she didn't start actually doing anything until after the Christmas break. She's supposed to take a small group of kids every morning during our reading block. Her time to be in my room is supposed to be 9:10-9:40, then she's supposed to go next door to Dori's room from 9:40-10:30. Well, she has NEVER once come to my room before 9:45. (Naturally, that usually means she doesn't even go to Dori's room!) Even then, she's NEVER prepared to do anything!!! Most days, she just sits at the back table and plays with whatever crap she's brought with her that day. Generally, she shuffles papers. Since she's started showing up, she's taken a group of children exactly 4 times. 4 times!!!! Today, she showed up at 9:50. When she walked in, I said, "I'll send your group over." She yells, "NO! Don't send a group! I don't know who they are, or what I'm going to do with them!" What the hell!? Why are you here then, for God's sake!!? Then, after I told her who I was sending her, she then leaves the room to "get materials." Why the hell didn't you bring them with you, idiot!!? WHY would you show up without the things you need to do your damn job?! Ugh!!! SOOOO aggravating!! Then, like she does at least twice a week, she stopped in later to say she wouldn't be able to take her group in the afternoon (like she's supposed to every day!!) because she has a "meeting." How many freakin' meeting do you need to have every week? She uses that excuse at least twice a week! She certainly isn't going to professional development meetings to learn what the hell she's supposed to be doing! I want to slap the crap out of her sometimes! She really makes my blood boil! Time to change the subject...
I lost another baby today. I don't think I mentioned last week that one of the babies transferred out of my class. Another transferred today. And she was absolutely one of my favorites! I'm so sad that A.B. has left me. Of course, she's one of the brightest kids in the class. That's always the way it goes. The top kids always leave, which contributes to the Hell-Hole being such a low-performing school. I really don't want to go off on that tangent so...
Here's another email I received today that made me smile. Enjoy!
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (or vanilla or strawberry).
12. A bubble bath.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they love you
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
24. The smell of a baby's head.
25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
29. Playing with a new puppy or kitten.
30. Having someone play with your hair.
31. Sweet dreams.
32. Hot chocolate.
33. Road trips with friends.
34. Swinging on swings.
35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
36. Making chocolate chip cookies.
37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
38 Holding hands with someone you care about.
39 Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
40. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
41. Watching the sunrise.
42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
43. Knowing that somebody misses you.
44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
Our children are the cement of life, its up to us to make the foundation of the future! ---Stephanie Cook