LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I dot a code in my node

I feel worse today than I did yesterday. Boo hoo! When I walked into my classroom this morning, my trusty little thermometer said 99-God-blessed-degrees!!!! Oh, did I mention the windchill was below zero here in Chicago this morning? Opening the window didn't work so well today. The only window I can open is directly behind my desk, which is usually perfect, but when the wind blowing in has a windchill temperature in the negative, it's not helpful! Sitting in a room that's almost 100 degrees with a stuffed up nose, scratchy throat, and a headache should be the newest form of torture used by our armed forces!! AND, don't forget the 27 five-year-olds that you need to supervise and shape into the future of our country!

***Breaking News***
Be sure to check out my friend Laura's blog. This Hawaii Chair thing is out of control!

Keeping it short tonight because I need to go to bed. Thank God tomorrow is our last day with the kids. They get Friday off for a teachers institute day. I just may be taking my first sick day this year if I'm not feeling better by then.
If your mom's asleep, don't wake her up. ---Amber, age 10

Smart thinkin', Amber. Now go tell my son!

1 comment:

Me said...

I hope you feel better but BY GOLLY with as cold as it's been I'm sure everyone's immunity is suffering. It sucks that you can't control the thermostat in your own classroom. 99 degrees is stifling! And probably sooooo dry. Maybe you can bring in a humidifier to help?