LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 17

Happy Father's Day! I hope you had a nice one with your dad/grandpa/husband, whoever.

We spend the day sweating our asses off at a picnic, but it's what my dad wanted so we sucked it up. At least Monkey was there to cheer us up. I'm too tired to upload any photos right now, so maybe tomorrow.

CSJ had to work (of course!) so he was gone all day, then went straight to the rehab facility to see his dad. Oh, yeah, I forgot to update you all on that. In a nutshell, they released him from the hospital on Thursday, but he's now in a rehab facility because the knee he just had surgery on needs to heal properly. Anyway, CSJ went from the rehab place to his mom's to hang out with his sisters for a while. He very conveniently missed the whole picnic. Stud and I didn't get home until about 9:30, so he really didn't spend any time with his dad today. They did spend quite a bit of time texting back and forth during the day.

CSJ came home from his mother's with a gift for ME. His crazy sisters all got together and got me a gift to thank me for all I do for my in-laws. They are so nuts!! I wish they'd realize I do what I do out of love for them, just like THEY do. As far as I'm concerned, they have been my "other" parents for 27 years now. Nonetheless, I really appreciate the gift. I will take a picture of it for you tomorrow.

Right now, I've gotta hit the sack. I'm exhausted. Far too much time in the heat today for this little penguin. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great weekend. I hope your FIL is feeling better and will be okay.

Melanie said...

Hey! We both got our own gifts for Father's Day. We must be even more amazing than we think we are!

Your outdoor weekend sounds a lot like mine was. I'm so glad you have such a great, close family. They make all the difference!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I do hope that you got your ass back after sweating it off. :9
YOU are appreciated...and that makes me happy. YOU do a lot for everyone.
xo