What makes your heart leap?
Leap in a good way?
- Spending time with my Monkey
- Spending quality time with Stud Muffin, which is so rare these days, now that he's a college boy :(
- Spending quality time with CSJ, which is on the increase these days :)
- Spending quality time with the babies, without all the politics and bureaucratic bullshit getting in the way
Leap in a bad way?
- Phone calls in the middle of the night
- Not being able to find Stud, especially late at night, when he's out, and his damn phone is OFF
FIL update of the day. They didn't end up doing the angiogram until this afternoon. Thankfully, they didn't find anything. Unfortunately, they didn't find anything. We're thrilled there aren't any blockages, but now we still don't know what is causing the problem. When CSJ got home from work we went to the hospital to visit, but FIL was still completely out of it. They plan to keep him drugged up the rest of the night, so he won't be in pain.
Part of why he's been in so much pain is that his arthritis makes it unbearable for him to lie flat on his back, yet with all the surgeries he's had lately, that's what's been happening. Not only is he flat on his back for the duration of these surgeries, the operating table is nothing more than a slab of hard steel. Not good.
Now that he's had the angiogram, he needs to remain flat on his back for whatever the requisite amount of time is (I know it used to be 24 hours, but now I think it might be 12?) and he couldn't do that if he was awake. He has very severe RA, so the pain is a big issue.
OK, enough about that. Thank you ALL so much for your kind thoughts, comments, prayers, etc.
Let me leave on a VERY happy note - I have one and a half days of school left!! Woo hoo!! Oh, and today is Monkey's 11 month birthday. I can't believe that in one short month, she'll be a year old!! How the HELL did that happen?!?