LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, February 29, 2008

The other shoe has dropped....

I knew in the back of my mind, I wasn't going to be able to keep this bug at bay much longer. I'm a little surprised that it took this long to hit, but it makes perfect sense, since we have a long weekend. I seem to inevitably get sick every time we have a long weekend. It started this morning, but then really kicked in around 2:00 this afternoon. Thank goodness we were celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday, because we watched a Dr. Seuss movie for the last part of the afternoon. By the time I got to my son's school, all hell had broken loose. I could tell by the waves of light-headedness that I had a fever. Sure enough, when I got home and took my temperature, it was 100. Doesn't sound like much, I know, but my normal body temp is below 98.6 (one more reason I'm convinced I have a nearly-nonexistant metabolism) so for me, that's high. I literally can tell when my temp hits 99, which obviously is only .4 of a degree higher than "normal."

At any rate, I came home and went straight to my bed. As luck would have it, my son's father was waiting for us at my house to pick him up, which worked out phenomenally because Buster decided to shit and piss from one end of my kitchen to the other. My ex-husband cleaned the whole mess, right down to mopping the floor when he finished, all while I was lying down.

I managed to snooze for a while, but just a little bit ago, I had such a violent sneeze attack, the sneezes felt like they started down at my toes and took my lungs out with them. And, exactly like my darling friend, smileygirl, a managed to wet my pants. Oh, yes, I sure did! It's great that I've reached that late stage in my life where I can share these little things, isn't it? Anyway, since I had to obviously change my clothes, I was forced to get up and move around and I thought I would check in real quick.

I had intended to write a bit about our celebration today at school, but these few paragraphs have exhausted me, so I'm going to hobble back to bed. Let's just hope I don't wet it!! Maybe I'll use our day off Monday to actually write about my babies...
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ---Buddha

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I hope you feel better! I know those sneezes - you feel like something inside you has been dislocated! Hopefully you can get some sleep - best remedy:-)

Me said...

I still have those violent sneeze attacks. And since we're told to drink lots of liquids and stay hydrated while we're sick of course that's gonna happen with every uncontrollable sneeze. And coughing is just as bad. If you're congested get Mucinex now. I hear it's supposed to work wonders and may help speed up your recovery process. It's been over 10 days for me and I STILL wake up every morning with a sore throat and have insane bouts of coughing and sneezing. But the fever's gone. Hope yours doesn't last long!

miss r said...

Awwww You knew it was coming all day. :( Sorry it finally arrived. I'm glad you didn't have to clean up that mess in the kitchen though!

Did you get any pictures with their cute hats? Or OF the cute hats? You should post those!

Feel better!

Najia said...

Awww, poor thing! How do you feel today? I'm sorry I've been out of the looop...didn't know you'd also become sick. I hope it bowls over sooner rather than later!!!