LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, February 22, 2008

100 down, 73 to go!!

Yay!!! Today was the 100th Day!! I took pictures to share with you, but unfortunately, I downloaded them to my computer at school, and then I couldn't email them to myself for some reason. I'll try to take care of it on Monday. Overall, the kids were WAY too rowdy for me, and we ended up not even doing half the stuff I had planned. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I woke up in a great mood today, and believe it or not, here it is almost 5:30 and I'm STILL in a good mood. What's going on?! Even the kids driving me CRAAZZYY didn't ruin my mood. The sad thing is, as I was driving to school, joking with my son (THAT hasn't happened in a long time. Our mornings are usually very unpleasant because neither of us are morning people!) singing along with the radio, I realized that I used to feel this way everyday before the Hell-Hole sucked it right out of me. It's taken years of stress and utter chaos to turn me into the cranky witch I usually am when I arrive there each day. I miss being me :( I hope I can find me again. I suppose I'd better follow Dori's orders, and abandon ship, huh? Today really reminded me how much I truly love being a teacher, and why I've dedicated my life to "shaping the future of the world."

A little personal stuff to share....my mom had her latest check-up/bloodwork a few weeks ago (she has to do it every three months) and she went to see the oncologist for the results today. Once again, everything is wonderful! She's "clean." My dad gets such a kick out of telling everyone she's a "clean girl." As opposed to a dirty girl, get it? Tee hee! He started that after her last set of tests came back clean. Today, when I called to check how things went, as soon as he answered the phone, I heard, "She's a clean girl!" My dad is so cute! The doctor actually told her that she could go six months this time between blood tests. That, however, wasn't going to work for her because the six month mark falls smack in the middle of her time at her villa. (rough, right?) The doctor agreed to let her do it in October when she comes home, even though that's eight months from now. She couldn't be happier! That goes double for us.

Well, I'm off to try and figure out what the heck my son is going to wear to a wedding tomorrow. Now that he's lost 40 pounds, he has nothing that fits him. Leave it to me to wait til the night before the wedding to worry about it, huh? Have a great weekend!!
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.---Mignon McLaughlin

4 comments:

miss r said...

I love your dad! And I'm glad you're still in a good mood! Have a happy weekend and good times at the wedding. :) I know I will in the QC. I get to see my brand new nephew and my precious little niece, did I mention that today? Probably, several times I'm sure.

miss r said...

OH! And are there seriously only 73 days to go? OMG, TOO GOOD!

Me said...

Yay for your MOM! Have a great weekend too!

ChiTown Girl said...

miss r - i LOVE my daddy, too! ;-) have tons-o-fun this weekend with the babies!!! and, YES, only 73 days. woo hoo!!

smileygirl- are you feeling any better today? i've been worried about you!!