LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10/11/11

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What is your first memory?

Hmmm, this is a tough one. I have an incredible memory, and it's been the talk of my family for as long as I can remember. I've told my mom about things I remember that she swears happened when I was about 9 months old. I'm not really sure I can say what my "first" memory is, but I do have lots of old ones. I'll share one of my family's favorites.

I can remember being on a trip with my parents and my aunt & uncle. I was about 2 at the time. It was bedtime for me, and my mom was reading me a story. Well, she was sort of reading me a story. In between, she was talking to her sister and the men folk. I had to keep reminding her that I was waiting for my story. After a while, I became completely exasperated, and I finally yelled at her. "Are you gonna read me this God-damned story or not?!" (See, Suz? My potty mouth goes WAY back!) Needless to say, the adults all fell on the floor in hysterics.

Why don't you guys share YOUR earliest memories. I'd love to read all about them.

5 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

LIke you I have an abnormal early memory recall. For years as I teen I kept asking my mom about "big white steps." "where did we go Mom that had big white steps." No one could figure it out. Until one night we dug out the old slides. And there they are and I totally freaked out! the steps of the Washington Smithsonian when I am not quite 2. And when you are not quite 2? they are Big White Steps. So yeah, I share your freakishness. And I love that. And Yes I remember riding the carousel at 2 in DC. That's how they bribed me to be good in the museums - a trip to the carousel at the end of the day. I still get goosebumps when I ride it now.

Mark said...

Going with my Mom into her friend's basement. They were giving her a used crib for my little sister to use. Before that, she slept in a dresser drawer and wore doll baby clothes. Yes, she was a premie.
m.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I used to swear as a kid too...learned it from both my parents. :) Gosh Darnit!!

I remember being in my crib and my dad changing my diaper. Forizzle.
My Mom says it must have been the ONLY time he changed my diaper too. :)

Mary A. said...

I don't remember it, ut apparently "Oh goddamit" was my favorite expression when I was a toddler. Apparently I used to amuse the baby sitters a lot.

Maria said...

God, that was hilarious. I was once at a wedding when I was five or so. I heard some of her friends talking about whether they did it or not. They said, "No, they just dry hump."

Later, I was sitting with my mother at the Auntie's table and someone said, "I wonder if they'll have a happy marriage. They are so different."

I thought I was being sophisticated, so said, "Well, they do "dry hump."

I had no idea what it meant and my mother was mortified.