LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One more thing...

...I forgot to share about today. At the same time that New Principal was telling me that she needed to talk to me, the nurse came to find me to give me my exclusion letters. These are letters that students receive when they are out of compliance with their mandatory health requirements (shots, physicals, etc.) They are excluded from school until the requirements are met. Now, keep in mind that our office (AKA-Clusterfuck Central) should NOT be registering Kdg. students unless the parents can show proof that these medical requirements have been met. Well, out of my 34 students, guess how many had letters. G'head, guess.....give up? 27!!!! 27 out of 34 freakin' kids!! Seriously, WTF?! I asked New Principal if she was actually going to exclude these children, and she said absolutely, I could use the break! God bless that woman!!

We are going to give the parents until the end of intersession to get their kids current on their shots and so on. That means I could come back on October 13 to a class of 7 children. Sweet!!!

New Principal did ask, though, "Um, how are all these children registered for school without these shot records?!" At least she realized that the office dropped the ball. I really hope she keeps cleaning house, and getting rid of all the incompetent people that I have to work with everyday. It would eliminate so much stress from my day....sigh....

No comments: