LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thank You, Jeanine!!

Last night, we had an executive board meeting for the Parents' Club. We usually meet at a Borders not too far from my house (and luckily, right next to my favorite Chipotle!!) As soon as we sat down, my eyes were immediately drawn to the wall of clearance books across from me, and the PENGUIN book right there at eye level!
I looked at it for the nearly 3 hours we were sitting there. I know, I'm pathetic. Anyway, as we were wrapping up the meeting, my dear friend, Jeanine, said, "Hey, did you see that over there?" and pointed to the book. Well, is the Pope Catholic?! Of course I saw it!! She said, "I'm gonna buy it for you!" I have no idea why, she kept saying, "Just because."

She grabbed the book and headed to the register. A few minutes later she came back with not only the book, but the most adorable bookmark!

The inscription on the book mark says, "It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry." -Joe Moore
I have no idea who the hell Joe Moore is, but I love him!! We may have been separated at birth!
The point of this post --- I have great friends!! Thank you, Jeanine!

Oo, I just remembered, I can post a link to my photo albums, so I can actually show you what a pathetic loser I am.... This is my upstairs bathroom. It looks like this all year, by the way, not just in the winter. Yeah, like I said, loser!

****I fixed the link, it works now! Sorry...

4 comments:

Me said...

That quote is so true! Love it.
The link to your bathroom pic didn't work. And now that I think of it, is it something we really want to see/ Did you take a pic of a dump in the toilet or something?

ChiTown Girl said...

You moron!! It's pictures of my penguin bathroom!!! I'll email it to directly.

Helen/Spike and Drusilla OK Citizens said...

The quote is perfect! and how fun to get a gift "just because". Those are the best. Glad your package arrived safe and sound.

Najia said...

Ed wants to know if he can move in and when?