LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thank God that's over!

Man, this was a crappy week! Again, all day I felt like walking right out the door! At least Dori and I were able to run out and get lunch today, which is always nice. We get some time to commiserate and blow off steam. Good thing we work in the Hell-Hole, cuz at a "real school," we'd NEVER be able to leave during the day to get lunch. I'm going to miss that when we both escape. :(

I actually remembered to write down a couple of cute things that were said today. Both were said during our reading groups. A couple of my higher groups were reading a book today that had a picture of a huge sub sandwich. In the picture, there were three children holding it up. It looked like one of those 3-foot party subs. Anyway, as we were reading, I heard D.J. say to P.M, "Man, P, that's a big ol' sandwich." But, he was so serious and matter-of-fact, I could help but crack up! Of course, P.M. responded, just as seriously, "Yeah, that sure is a big ol' sandwich."

Then, when another group was sitting with me, we were playing a sorting game, where they had to sort picture cards by the beginning sound. One of the pictures was a sock. I ask the group, "What's this?" They answer, "A sock." As I start to say, "What sound does it start with?" I hear D.D. say, "Socks is nasty." So I look at him, and he looks at me and he says, "Sometime when you smell your socks, they smell nasty!" As he's saying it, he's nodding his head so seriously, like he was telling me something really important. It was hysterical!

I pulled out my Christmas CDs the other day for the babies. I have one that's all instrumental that I use during rest time. There's another that's an R&B Christmas CD, which I love, and I find the babies really like it, too, because they can identify with that style of music pretty easily. Then I have two that are specifically for kids, with kids singing on the CD. One has all silly songs, which of course, are the ones I love. The three we've been listening to (over and over and over and....) are I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth, and I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas. The one they absolutely adore is I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas. After having to literally put the CD player on 'repeat' today, I decided that's the one we're going to sing for the Christmas Assembly. At the beginning of the week, when I first played it for them, I knew they would like it, but I wasn't sure about using it for the show. I thought maybe the parents would be offended in some way, I think that I was implying that their children were bad. I guess I should mention that the chorus of the song goes,

I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas, Mommy and Daddy are mad.
I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas, cuz I ain't been nuttin' but bad!


The rest of the lyrics are cute, too. Maybe I'll type them out later. Anyway, my kids have been going nuts for the song, and like I said, today, I just hit the 'repeat' button on my CD player, and let it play at least 5 times! I hope to God the parents aren't offended when we sing it at the show.

I broke my bat on Johnny's head,
Somebody snitched on me.
I hid a frog in sister's bed,
Somebody snitched on me.
I spilled some ink on mommy's rug,
I made Tommy ate a bug,
Bought some gum with a penny slug,
Somebody snitched on me!

Ohhh!! I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas,
Mommy and Daddy are mad.
I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas,
Cuz I ain't been nuttin' but bad!

I put a tack on teacher's chair,
Somebody snitched on me.
I tied a knot in Suzie's hair,
Somebody snitched on me.
I did a dance on Mommy's plants,
Climbed a tree and tore my pants,
Filled the sugar bowl with ants,
Somebody snitched on me!

Ohhh!!! I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas,
Mommy and Daddy are mad.
I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas,
Cuz I ain't been nuttin' but bad!

I won't be seeing Santa Claus,
Somebody snitched on me.
He won't come visit me because
Somebody snitched on me.
Next year, I'll be going straight,
Next year, I'll be good, just wait!
I'd start now, but it's too late,
Somebody snitched on me!

Ohhh!!! I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas,
Mommy and Daddy are mad.
I'm getting nuttin' for Christmas,
Cuz I ain't been nuttin' but bad!

So, you'd better be good, whatever you do,
Cuz if you're bad, I'm warning you,
You'll get nuttin' for Christmas!

I wish I could attach audio files here. Maybe there's a way I just don't know about. If you do, please share!

I came across this cute quote to share today:

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when my mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph. ---Shirley Temple


No comments: