LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, November 9, 2007

Thank You, Veterans!

Ah, it's Friday! Finally!! What a long week it's been. But, conferences are over, and we have a 3-day weekend. Yay! I know I mentioned a few days ago that the kids have a LOT of days off in November, but it's nice that we are off, too, for this one. I'll be having my family over Sunday for my son's birthday party, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Today was actually a decent day. I did have two of my little girls go home sick, though, with tummy aches, so now I'm worried about a bug going around our room. I just hope I don't get it.

We were supposed to be going on a field trip Tuesday, and at the end of the day, I got ANOTHER phone call cancelling the trip. I was fit to be tied! I'll spare you all the details, but I managed to arrange for the field trip to come to us. So, all is not lost. It'll be nice to go in the auditorium and have some fun. But, it's still going to be a day at the Hell-Hole :( At least I'll be out Wednesday and Friday, so there's something to look forward to.

Well, my mother just called, all excited because she actually got a 30% off coupon for Kohl's, and I told her I'd meet her there, so I'm off to (maybe) start my Christmas shopping. Have a great weekend!!

Oh, and I really do want to say a genuine "Thank You!" to all of our veterans, and those still fighting, and sadly, dying, to protect our country and our rights. You are my heroes.

He who teaches children learns more than they do. ---German Proverb

1 comment:

Najia said...

Happy Birthday to your Baby Boy! I hope you all have a blast this weekend! :-)