LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, November 2, 2007

Here I am!

Sheesh, I almost didn't get here before my self-imposed deadline! But, it's still Friday night, so that counts!

Today was just a goofy day all the way around. I did sleep in a little like I said I was going to, but I was only about 15 minutes late for work. (On a side note, my favorite radio station, that I listen to religiously, decided that 8:30am on November 2, was a great time to switch to all Christmas music, all the time! What the hell happened to Thanksgiving first!? I was so irritated, I had to leave the house and go to work!) Today was payday, so that was a bonus, although, once I looked at my pay stub, it seemed like a negative!

The Big Cheese had a staff meeting, with almost 20 staff members missing. That's not really that unusual, though. I have to say, the meeting was much more productive than I thought it would be. It was still light years away from what it should have been, but at least he was willing to listen to what we had to say. Unfortunately, he put me on the agenda to present like I was afraid he would. I really didn't have much to say, because quite frankly, if you remember, I went very late to the in-service and didn't really pay much attention. Luckily, I had the foresight to bring back the pamphlet they made and I ran it off for the staff. So, basically, that was my presentation! "Here you go, guys, read the pamphlet, and figure it out yourself!"

On these teacher institute days, we are required to stay until 3:15, as opposed to our usual 2:45, but that's because, for some odd reason, we are allowed to take an hour for lunch. I know, doesn't make sense to us, either! But, you better believe your ass we took our hour. Actually, I think we took a little more than an hour. My Dori and I, and another teacher, went and had a lovely little lunch at Subway, and talked and vented for the whole time. It was nice.

What was even nicer was that once we got back to school, we went back to my room, where my upstairs neighbor joined us, and we sat and vented until it was time to leave!! See, the problem is, despite asking for over a week now, we have still not received our report cards. The board has yet to send the kindergarten version of the report cards out to the schools. So, we did absolutely nothing today that had to do with the point of the day - completing the report cards!! I felt a bit guilty, though, that our friends were sitting with us, since they could have been doing their cards. But, it was just so nice to be able to sit and bitch together. It definitely helped. My upstairs neighbor (hereby known as UN) and I even spent about half an hour talking to the Big Cheese after school about ideas for discipline, but I won't bore you with the details.

UN then came back to my house, where I whipped up some yummy margaritas, and some dinner. We finished off the night with some Edy's Pumpkin Ice Cream (YUMMY!!) It was an all-around wonderful evening. I'm so very glad that UN decided to come over. It was really the first time we've ever really spent any quality time together, just the two of us, and I loved it! I hope she did, too. I was sad to see her go home, but she had report cards to work on, and my son called twice asking when I was coming to pick him up from his grandma's. (Not that he missed me, mind you, but grandma doesn't have a computer, and he was suffering from withdrawal!!) I can't wait for UN to come over again, along with the rest of "the girls" for another margarita night. I'm thinking we should do it after Report Card Pickup, since we work until 6 pm on those nights. Better yet, we should do it the night before, since we don't start until noon, and we can all sleep in a bit. Hmmm, we'll have to work on that plan.

That is what friendship means. Sharing the prejudice of experience. ---Charles Bukowski


This quote perfectly describes our friendships with our fellow teachers. We have all bonded over the misery of working in that hell-hole and working for the Big Cheese. But, nonetheless, I'm so glad these are the people that I work with, and now genuinely love and cherish as my friends. [I realize that this week, I've moved away from the strictly educational quotes, but these have all seem to fit the topic of the day better.] Have a great weekend!!

No comments: