LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm feeling a little "Grinchy"

The Hell-Hole has got me feeling like The Grinch! I hate it! Every morning, as soon as I turn down the street our school is on, my mood plummets. I don't want to be there! My Dori and I were talking this morning about how the majority of the staff this year is arriving later in the morning, and rushing the hell out of there at 2:45! It's an epidemic! Although, it does make me feel better that I'm not the only one who feels that way about the Hell-Hole.

Used to be you had to arrive at 7:30 to get a decent parking spot. Now, you can get there almost at our "start" time (8:30) and still find a good spot. And, if you're there past 3:00, the parking lot looks like a ghost town. Weird! How does the Big Cheese not see the drastic decline in staff morale? Then again, does he even care?

The babies were in trouble today. Ms. H. met me at the lunchroom, as usual, to walk them up to art, and I warned them, as usual, to walk properly and behave, etc. But, when I went to pick them up, there were several boys standing because they were in trouble. Then Ms. H. proceeded to tell me about how terribly they behaved on the way up the stairs, and that when they got to the classroom, they went running in all wild.

It might have helped if the damn art teacher was in the room when they got there!! Dori and I ran out for lunch on our prep, and when we were getting in my car, there was Mr. L., standing outside smoking. AS USUAL! Ugh!!! Ms. H. told me that she's had enough of him, always leaving her to 'babysit' classes while he goes outside and smokes every period. And, she's tried to give him some suggestions as to what to do with the kids, OTHER than hand them a blank sheet of copy paper, but he's not interested in listening to any of her ideas. He's almost as big an ass as El Queso Grande!

Anyway, Ms. H. said that after the Christmas break, she's done with him. She'd rather spend her time down in my room, helping with my babies. She's so sweet! I think I mentioned in a previous post that she's been working with T.D. because he needs SO much help. She said she'd rather come down and do that for free everyday, instead of working for Mr. L. anymore.

Speaking of T.D., he wore his pajama shirt under his uniform shirt today. Sounds harmless, right? Well, it would have been, except that his pajama shirt had a Spiderman picture on it. Spidey's head actually LIT UP with flashing lights! Guess what a pain in the ass that was all day. I finally tucked it as far down the front of his pants as I could, but it came out a couple more times. Like, at rest time, when the room was dark. There was T.D.'s white uniform shirt, with flashes of red coming from under it. It actually was kind of funny, but I would never tell him that. Apparently, Mom didn't know he wore it to school, which begs the question, "Who the HELL dressed this 5 year old baby this morning?!" I told her about it at the end of the day, to let her know he can't wear it again, and she had no idea what I was talking about. What the hell?! Ok, let it go, let it go, let it go....

Well, today's holiday specials are Shrek the Halls, followed by How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I'm actually taping the Shrek special for the babies. Maybe we'll watch it this week, if they don't get in trouble again tomorrow!

Here's a cute little video someone put together for YouTube, featuring one of my favorite holiday songs. WLIT plays it several times a day, and if it comes on in the morning while the babies are coming in, we turn it up and enjoy it! I hope you'll do the same :)

Christmas is the season when you buy this year's gifts with next year's money. ---Author Unknown

No comments: