LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, November 5, 2007

Did you turn your clock back?

Well, not much to say today. I truly appreciated having that extra hour of sleep this weekend. It made the morning go much smoother. I actually arrived at The Hell-Hole in a good mood. The babies also seemed to be in a good mood this morning. Truth-be-told, they arrive in a good mood everyday. It's their lovely teacher that can be a bit, umm, cranky at times.

The morning went so well, that I completely lost track of time. I looked up, and it was 10:50. We were 10 minutes late for lunch!! We did some scrambling, and all was well. The rest of the day was fine, despite missing most of our rest time. We had a presenter come in from the Red Cross to talk about First Aid during what is normally our rest time. Then we had an unofficial fire drill when one of the janitors accidentally set of the fire alarm. By the time we came back in and got settled back down, and the presenter finished, we only had about 10 minutes to "rest" before snack time.

My little buddy, D.J., came in today wearing a big, plastic fake eyeball over his eye. It was actually very funny. Unfortunately, despite being told to put it away several times, he still kept playing with it, so I had to take it away. I didn't realize until I was at the grocery store later that I forgot to give it back to him. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow when he comes in, just for laughs.

At about 1:30 this afternoon, one of the ladies from the office brought the kindergarten report cards to my room. Now I'm a bit torn. I swore, when they weren't there on Friday, that I wasn't going to even do them now, since Friday was the day we were given to work on them. But, now, I have a feeling I'm going to cave and do them tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of mood I'm in when I get there....

In less than 10 hours from now, my little baby will officially turn 14 years old. At 4:46 am, I will get up, and kiss him while he sleeps, like I've done every year since he was born. It seems like just a minute ago, he was this gorgeous, glorious little bundle of new, and now he's almost a grown man. We spent the afternoon yesterday at an open house at the high school he will be attending in less than a year. Talk about mixed emotions! One second, I was so excited for him, and the next second, I was literally holding back tears. (It didn't help that his father was with us, because that always causes emotional turmoil for me.)

We'll be going to one of our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner tomorrow with all the grandparents to celebrate the anniversary of his birth. I wonder if the weather predictions will hold, and we'll get some snow flurries. The day he was born, we had our first real snowfall of the year. Without getting into all the gory details, his was a very difficult birth, and I needed to have some surgery after he was (finally!) born. So, other than the few minutes he was lying on my chest immediately after delivery, I didn't see him for more than half of the first day of his life. When I woke up from surgery, I was facing the window in my room, and I opened my eyes to see the world covered in a big, fluffy blanket of white. I thought I was dreaming, or hallucinating from the drugs! Then, my next thought was, "What the hell?! Have I been in a coma?!" When I got to the hospital the day before, I didn't even wear a jacket, now we were plunged into a winter wonderland! Anyway, the weather reports have said flurries for tonight and tomorrow, so maybe he'll get snow for his birthday.

Thanks for indulging me today while I wandered far, far away from school talk.

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ---Carl Sandburg

No comments: