LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wii-U Wednesday

Stud has been obsessed lately with getting a Wii-U.  He's been talking about it, non-stop, for weeks.  And, yes, he's been annoying the bejeezus out of me with it!  The thing that was bugging me the most is that his car insurance is due in the next couple of weeks, and we told him that HE needed to pay it this time.  His father and I have been paying his insurance since he started driving.  He didn't really have a "real" job then, so it wasn't really a big deal.  Plus, I DID have a "real" job, and we could swing it.

Well, as you all know, I no longer have a "real" job, and Stud now has two jobs, so we felt it was time for him to start pulling his own weight around here.  (And, for the record, we KNOW we should have done this years ago, but we can't go back in time :-/  )

Anyhoo, like I told you the other day, I threw a surprise party for him this past weekend.  Thanks to my VERY generous family, he received enough money in gifts to pay his insurance AND get his new Wii-U. 

He went to buy it last night.  I swear, he was like a little kid on Christmas morning.  I can't believe he didn't try and set it up last night when he got home.  He went to buy it with a friend, and then they watched a movie.  But, today, when he finally came up from his "cave," he started setting it up in the living room.  Unfortunately for him, he couldn't even play with it until he charged the main controller, which took a couple hours.  But, as I sit here typing, he's in the living room, having a blast.  Moments like this make it even harder to believe that he's actually 21 now.... 

I guess he'll always be my baby boy. =)

1 comment: