LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OK, I give up

I have been trying to access the freakin' NaBloPoMo site since I walked in the door this afternoon, and I keep getting some error message. So, I have no prompt for today! However, the fact that I'm typing this drivel right now fulfills my NaBloPoMo obligation for the day. :)

Despite the fact that today (like just about EVERYDAY) at the Hell-Hole sucked great, big, giant, hairy donkey balls, once I arrived home, I was able to leave that crap in the car, right along with my school bag. Stud has finals today through Thursday, so I didn't have to pick him up, which means I arrived home about 20-30 minutes earlier than usual. That also means 20-30 minutes less of being stuck in traffic, so it's a win-win.

The way Stud's school does their final exam schedule is that the boys have 3 periods on the first day, but not Periods 1-3. Today they had 5th, 2nd and 3rd periods. Tomorrow will be 4th, 1st and 8th. Thursday will be 6th and 7th. The periods last for 1 1/2 hours. For the periods that you have lunch, gym or study hall, you don't have to attend. Not a bad deal.

Today, Stud only had exams for the first two periods, because he normally has lunch during 3rd period, so he was free to leave by 11. However, he stuck around for the extra period and went to the art room to work on a project until his buddy was finished with his exam. Then, he and his buddy were treated to lunch by my mother-in-law.

On Thursday, Stud doesn't have to attend the first period, because that's his art class, and they took their finals already. There were seniors in the class who needed to take them early because they graduated a week and half ago. So, that means he doesn't have to be at school until 9:30, then he only has one final, so he'll be finished by 11:00.

SO, I'll be taking a personal day on Thursday! Can you see my GIANT smile through the screen? We can both sleep in if we want, since he doesn't have to be at school at his usual 7:30, plus he'll be done so quickly, I plan to spend the rest of the day celebrating the end of his school year. We're going to lunch, and then to the DMV to (hopefully!!) get Stud's driver's license. Feel free to say a prayer or two for him. I don't think I shared the fact that he's already taken the test once back in November and he, obviously, didn't pass. :( He's been too gun-shy to take it again, but now his girlfriend (yeah, girlfriend. That's another post...) is begging him to get his license, cuz I guess it's not cool to have your mom drive you on dates. Sheesh....she's awfully demanding, isn't she? I'm hoping to God he passes this time!

Yikes! I've been sitting here for almost an hour, typing a few words at a time and now, it's time to watch The Biggest Loser Finale! Gotta run!

2 comments:

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Prayers for Stud on his Driver's License test! (I almost didn't pass my first time either...damn parallel parking...still suck at it.)

So happy you have a personal day!!! It is especially nice at this time of a year, because sometimes I don't know what I might say to someone...my guard of politeness really gets let down. You deserve it!

My cousin does fundrasing for an organization in SC, and I won a gift card that is enough to buy the coffee maker you suggested! (I'm still getting the Kitchen Aide mixer too.)

Mary A. said...

LOVE days off. But if it's a day off for a kiddo (which mine ALWAYS are) it doesn't quite feel the same. Maybe I'll feel differently once mine are Stud's age.

Enjoy your lie in!