WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER SNOW DAY!!!
I can't even believe it!! I just received a call from Stud's school, letting me know that they were canceling school tomorrow, and as I was hanging up, my cell phone rang. It was Bestest Friend (have I ever mentioned that she is also a CPS teacher?) telling me that CPS also canceled school! WHAT?!?! As I was talking to her, I got 3 text messages from other friends telling me the same thing. I'm seriously in shock. Hell, they might as well give us Friday off, too, since it doesn't make sense to make us come in for one day, then have the weekend off, right? Stud is going to enjoy a lovely 5 1/2 day weekend, and he couldn't be happier.
I have a feeling that tomorrow's day off has more to do with the plunging temperatures that are predicted. Truthfully, I don't care WHY they made the decision, I'm just going to enjoy the blessing.
*UPDATE* This was recently posted on the online version of The Chicago Sun Times. Also, New Principal sent out an email to the staff asking us to let her know if we think we'll be able to make it in on Friday. The principals are all supposed to poll their staff, then let CPS know. I'm sure this will play a big part in their decision about whether or not to open school on Friday. You KNOW I told her I probably wouldn't be able to make it, right?
Waitress Kicks the Ass of Man Who Gropes Her
3 hours ago