The wind was completely let out of my sails today.
- My room STILL hadn't even been TOUCHED when I walked in this morning. Seriously?!
- We sat in a meeting until nearly 1:30 again. We talked about inclusion and LRE for HOURS!
- We received the tentative prep schedule. I WASN'T EVEN ON IT! We are going from 5 preps a week to 4, 2 of which are to be used for collaborative meetings, leaving us 2 freakin' preps a week to get work done! It seemed that every one of the other kdg. preps was at a different time each day, which is really annoying. I'm dreading seeing the same schedule for myself tomorrow.
- As we were swiping out this afternoon, New Principal called my friend over to tell her that there were going to be changes made in the morning. When they walked away to talk, I asked one of the clerk WTF was going on, and bottom line, she's moving my friend out of kdg. because we don't have enough babies for two classes. Um...hello!! Apparently, New Principal doesn't realize how our parents operate in Englewood. You don't register your child for school in April or May when the board asks you to. You sign them up when you're damn good and ready, which is usually the first week of school. I guarantee that by next Friday, we will have well over 50 kdg. students. (We currently have 29, which I'm sorry, is WAY too many for one class!)
- As I was walking to the parking lot, past my room, I saw that the janitors were just starting to wash my floor. At 3:30! I asked the janitor if I was going to be able to move my furniture back tomorrow, and he promised I would. That would mean something if I wasn't already promised that my room was going to be finished every day since freakin' Monday!!
- Oh, did I mention New Principal said that she planned to do a walk-through tomorrow to check every one's rooms? She wants to make sure that they're all set up exactly to her specifications. Are you kidding me?! I've already lost two days of work time in my room. She mentioned both days that the building was going to be open until at least 8pm, if we want to stay and work. HA! Yeah, right! That's EXACTLY what I want to do. Stay in Englewood until 8pm. Is she out of her flippin' mind?!
- New Principal still plans to go ahead with the planned rally for the neighborhood tomorrow afternoon. I better believe I'm going to ask/beg her to let me stay in the building and work on my room instead of participating in this silly rally. Every time I think about the huge task ahead of me, I truly want to cry.