This is one from Clippy. Here's what she left me on her blog:
CTG:i am going to give you the letter A.cos i think i know one of your
categories already. and i don't want you to be bored today. oh no. :-)
So, I haven't got a clue as to what category Clippy is thinking of, unless of course she was thinking "asshole." We all know I have a bit of a potty mouth :) But, the rules of the meme say to write a list of 10 things you love that start with your letter. I can't say that I love assholes. Well, there is my ex-husband...
I'm not even posting the rules here cuz I'm not really doing the meme the right way. I don't want to assign letters, etc., I just want to play along with Clippy. So, here goes! (Keep in mind, these are in no particular order, other than the order they pop into my head.)
- Apples-the granny smith variety. I love how sour and crunchy they are, and they are the only apples I cook/bake with.
- Albums-I love me some music! Sadly, I'm old enough to actually have owned "albums." I probably still even have a few somewhere.
- ABCs-(does that count?) This one should be obvious, or I wouldn't have chosen this career path!
- Academia-(OK, I know I'm stretching it, but this letter is hard, Clippy!) I am considering starting another masters program, though...
- Albacore tuna- Those three just hit me all at once. Think I'm hungry ;-)
- Apologies-when they're heartfelt
- Avocados-I could eat them every single day!
Hmmm, do you sense a theme here? Most of those were food, weren't they? Well, it's almost lunch time. Plus, A was a really hard letter! I couldn't think of any A word that I could twist to mean my son :( Well, maybe angel? These days, that would really be a stretch!!
OH, wait! Clippy, were you thinking "alcohol?" I gotta tell ya, my family might own a bar, but we are by no means drinkers. Kinda funny, right? The only one that really drinks in my family (with any kind of regularity) is my mother. She loves her wine....typical dago!! I can seriously count on ONE hand how many times I've been drunk in my life. It's very rare that I drink while at the bar, cuz #1-I'm working! And #2-I've got anywhere from a 30-60 minute drive home, so I kinda need to be alert! But, I do love me some tequila. In or out of a margarita!! Occasionally I will indulge in a shot of Patron with my regular customers. But, only if it's early in the evening. If I'm out with the girls, we usually indulge in margaritas, but since I'm always the driver, I keep very close tabs on what I've had to drink. I usually stick to just one. It doesn't help that our favorite Mexican restaurant serves their margaritas in a fish bowl, though!! ;-)
As a matter of fact, my sister, my brother's girlfriend and I are supposed to go for Mexican and margaritas tonight. I have a feeling the sub-zero temps will cause my sister to ditch us, though. Wuss!! I'll let you know if/how it goes, since I know you'll be waiting with baited breath to hear all about it! Yes, I AM aware that I'm a goofy bitch, thanks for asking!