LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Crappy, crappy day....

We had our weekly staff meeting this morning, and I was completely blind-sided by the agenda. First item on the list -
  1. I. HELL-HOLE School will be going on the Track E year round school calendar for the 2009-2010 school year.

YEAR ROUND, PEOPLE!!!!!! WTF?!?! I didn't sign on for year round school!!! Last time this topic was brought up, we were told it was going to be put up for a vote later in the year. Then, BOOM, we just handed this fucking piece of paper!!! Ugh!!!!! I can't even tell you how pissed off I am! That just figures, since I was actually enjoying this year so far. It's been a dream compared to the past few years. I should have known the other shoe would drop eventually. I've already sent out emails to every single teacher I know letting them know that I am very actively looking for another job. I will be putting together a list of schools to send my resume to asap.

I would love to know the reasoning behind this decision. Another teacher said in the meeting, "I thought this was going to be voted on?" to which the Big Cheese barked, "No, there wasn't no vote, it was an administrative decision!" (and that's NOT a typo!) Many, many schools here in Chicago have gone year round, but it's been something that is done to relieve over-crowding. Quite obviously, that is NOT the problem at the Hell-Hole. We barely have enough kids to justify the number of teachers we have. We already had a teacher lose her position several weeks ago because of our low numbers. So, what's the deal? The building is very old, and decrepit, and had NO air conditioning. Other than in Big Cheese's office, that is! Anyone who has ever been in Chicago in the summer knows what that means. Sweltering heat, unbearable humidity, basically just hell. How is that going to work?! The ONLY reason I could see for the Hell-Hole to go year round is to now provide year round FREE babysitting! Arrgghh! The whole thing is literally making me sick.

The Big Cheese has done many, many inappropriate things in our PUBLIC school, including leading the children in prayer. The last line of the agenda was this:

  1. Also, let us all give thanks to America for electing Barack Obama as the new President. Good Bless America!

Um...can we say inappropriate!!?? How DARE you impose your political beliefs on your staff. Seriously, WTF?!?! This agenda was already filed right in the box with the rest of the inappropriate agendas/memos/notes etc. that he's ever given to us. You never know when they'll come in handy. Jeez, I should have known this year was going too well. Prepare for the daily bitching, I mean posts, to return!!

5 comments:

Me said...

OMG that is NOT fair. Don't you guys have a say in the matter? Will they at least raise your salaries if that is going to be the case??? Having your summers off to re-energize has always been one of the best perks of teaching. This should not have been decided without teacher input. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. It may just be the last push to get you out of that hell hole. I'm sorry though.

Clippy Mat said...

yep, i smell a stink of 'time to move on.'

and 'there wasn't no vote?'
that's not fair.
not fair at all.
;-(

Rabidparadise said...

Oh no! That's not cool at all. I'm sorry you're having a 'crappy day'!...Time for margaritas!

C said...

i agree this could be a blessing in disguise. everything happens for a reason. this could be the motivation for you to move on and find some thing that you will actually enjoy doing. you deserve more than working in a hell hole. what else would you enjoy doing? find that, then use your anger as fuel to get there.

good luck hon.

believe in your own power.

C

p.s.
tell your boss i said she is a BITCH. and a HO. and a douche bag, too. ;)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I agree with the others, this may be your SIGN. You must move on.