LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, November 17, 2008

I've...

OK, the rules are simple. Copy and paste the list, putting the things you've done in bold. I'm not tagging anyone, just play if you feel like it. (The comments are NOT part of the game, but I couldn't help myself!)

1. Started my own blog (duh!)

2. Slept under the stars (gotta love those summer nights!)

3. Played in a band (yes, I was a band geek most of my life!)

4. Visited Hawaii (on my list of things to do before I die!)

5. Watched a meteor shower (The city lights make it hard to see much of anything at night)

6. Given more than I can afford to charity (I've always been a sucker for a good cause. As a matter of fact, please go here.)

7. Been to Disneyland/world (sadly, I've never taken my son, though)

8. Climbed a mountain (yeah, right, I'll get right on that one...#1 I'm afraid of heights, #2 I'm lazy!)

9. Held a praying mantis (ewww...bugs!)

10. Sung a solo (more times than I can count)

11. Bungee jumped (again...terrified of heights! Plus, NOT crazy!)

12. Visited Paris (not that interested, sorry)

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (LOVE to watch storms, but get really seasick, so I watch from land)

14. Taught myself an art from scratch (knitting and crotcheting are arts, right?)

15. Adopted a child (who knows what the future may hold...)

16. Had food poisoning (don't EVEN want to think about it!)

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (um...see #8!)

18. Grown my own vegetables (every summer brings tomatoes and peppers)

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (but, I love the song!)

20. Slept on an overnight train (I've only been on the L!)

21. Had a pillow fight (come on, what girl hasn't done this?! That's what slumber parties are for!)

22. Hitchhiked (again, NOT crazy!)

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (two in the last week! haha!)

24. Built a snow fort (ahem...did you read last night's post?!)

25. Held a lamb (petted one, but didn't technically hold it. Grandpa used to get one every Easter...)

26. Gone skinny dipping (can't believe I haven't done this! Gone swimming in ALL my clothes, though!)

27. Run a marathon (have I mentioned that I'm LAZY?)

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (haven't ventured up that far north in Italy yet. My family is from southern Italy)

29. Seen a total eclipse (very cool!)

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (most Sunday mornings I'm just getting home from work at sunrise)

31. Hit a home run (I used to play on a softball team, but I don't ever remember hitting a homer)

32. Been on a cruise (I was 18, and went with my aunt. Had a blast, despite being the only one on the boat under 50!)

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (From both the US and Canada sides)

34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors (That's a given, isn't it?)

35. Seen an Amish community (only on TV, but I'd love to someday)

36. Taught myself a new language (in an attempt to teach my son - French, Spanish and Italian. Oh, and learned American Sign Language so I could teach it to my babies.)

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I'm still waiting for the day I can stop playing catch-up!)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (again, never go that far north)

39. Gone rock climbing (see #8 AGAIN!)

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (sadly, no)

41. Sung karaoke (I'd do it every night if I could!)

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (one more thing on that damned list!)

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (and it always has to be done anonymously)

44. Visited Africa (remember that list?)

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight ('nuff said)

46. Been transported in an ambulance (Thank God I can say no to this one. I have, however, followed many, many ambulances to the hospital with my loved ones in the back)

47. Had my portrait painted (I think that's too creepy, I wouldn't want one)

48. Gone deep sea fishing (I mentioned that I get sea sick, right?)

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (list!)

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (no interest, that heights thing again)

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (don't like to be that close to fish!)

52. Kissed in the rain (among other things ;-) )

53. Played in the mud (really, who hasn't?)

54. Gone to a drive-in theater (ah...I miss those!!)

55. Been in a movie (have yet to be discovered)

56. Visited the Great Wall of China (Oh, my God, the list!!)

57. Started a business (twice)

58. Taken a martial arts class (I suppose Tae Bo doesn't count, right?)

59. Visited Russia (I got nothin')

60. Served at a soup kitchen (I wish I could "bold" this one, but not yet)

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (hundreds of boxes!)

62. Gone whale watching (that involves being ON the water, so no!)

63. Got flowers for no reason (CSJ wasn't always a CSJ)

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (It was a good way to get out of Government class in high school!)

65. Gone sky diving (why do so many of these involves heights!!?)

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (I can't even handle watching film of it. I think I would totally lose it in person)

67. Bounced a check (WAY more than I care to admit!)

68. Flown in a helicopter (yeah, that height thing again)

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (I have far too many of them)

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (One of our most memorable family vacations from childhood)

71. Eaten caviar (I'm not mature enough to get past the fact that it's fish eggs!)

72. Pieced a quilt (only a paper one with the babies, so I didn't think that counted)

73. Stood in Times Square (never been to NY)

74. Toured the Everglades (too afraid of 'gators!)

75. Been fired from a job (don't want to talk about it, thank you very much!)

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (only on TV)

77. Broken a bone (in 5th grade, at the roller rink, thanks a lot, Bob!)

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (one day I'll write all about the summer I dated a biker....)

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (list!)

80. Published a book (one of my secret dreams is to write a kid's book. Also on the list...)

81. Visited the Vatican (I actually may have done this as a child, but I don't have any memory of it)

82. Bought a brand new car (CSJ bought me my first new car for my 21st birthday. Again, not always a CSJ...)

83. Walked in Jerusalem (what a walk that would be...)

84. Had my picture in the newspaper (more than once as a child)

85. Read the entire Bible (there's more I haven't read than have)

86. Visited the White House (I haven't, but my cousin did, and then was on the news. Story for another post)

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (but I have witnessed it, see #25)

88. Had chickenpox (along with my entire freshman class in high school!)

89. Saved someone’s life (only GAVE life)

90. Sat on a jury (thankfully, I wasn't picked!)

91. Met someone famous (but it's a secret....)

92. Joined a book club (several over the years)

93. Lost a loved one (several over the years...)

94. Had a baby (uh...DUH!)

95. Seen the Alamo in person (never been down south)

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (I'm embarrassed to say, I don't even know where it is)

97. Been involved in a law suit (thankfully, I can say no to this one)

98. Owned a cell phone (got one the minute I became a mommy)

99. Been stung by a bee (and discovered I was allergic the last time it happened. NOT fun!)

100. Had sex outside (not sharing details today, sorry)

4 comments:

Christina said...

You canNOt hold back on the met someone famous one. I live for that stuff!!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

So cute...girl, you get around!!!!
Just kidding. Very interesting stuff.

Clippy Mat said...

er #33. next time let me know you're in my neck of the woods!!!

good list. how about bungee jumping from the eiffel tower after hitching a ride there while holding a praying mantis in your hand? you could check off a few more....
:-))

Najia said...

So funny...you're wild woman, WILD I say!