LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Some funnies...

Even though I think you all will find this humorous, my teacher friends will especially appreciate it! This is what happens when you use Everyday Mathematics!!

This week, I've been working on a Thanksgiving project with the babies (pictures are coming!). I had a group at the back table with me, working, and the rest of the babies were at their seats doing their name papers. Well, S.H. brought his paper over for me to check, and I asked him to fix something, and he went, "Ehhhhh!!" I guess kinda like a cross between a growl and a groan. So, D.U., who was sitting at the back table with me, yells back at him, "Don't 'ehhhh' at my lovely teacher!" Have I mentioned how much I love my babies!!??

On the way to lunch, one of the first grade classes passed us in the hallway. They had a sub today, and she was having a hard time with one of the little darlings. He also happens to be the nephew of a woman who works at the Hell-Hole. I tried to get him to listen to her, but he was more interested in whining and pouting, so she told him to go stand on the wall while she took the rest of the class to lunch. In the meantime, he stood there, whining and whining, so Ms. C., one of our custodians, said, "Boy, what is you whining about!?" R. proceeds to whine, "He whine, whine, whine, my, whine!!" So Ms. C. said, "What!?" and he repeated, "He hit me in my privacy." I heard and understood him, but she didn't. So, with a completely confused look on her face, she says to him, "What?! He hit you in your popsicle?!" I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even explain to her what he actually said! Maybe you had to be there, but I'm telling you, it was freakin' funny!

Yesterday, my favorite mom, Mrs. G., brought me a big bowl of her delicious pasta salad. OK, technically, I can't honestly say if it's delicious, because the last time she brought me some, my son ate the entire container, so I never got to taste it. I told her that when I gave her the container back, so yesterday she says, "I brought you a bigger container this time since L ate it all last time!" Gee, guess what happened to this container? I told my son about it this morning, and he proceeded to eat 3/4 of it for breakfast, and ate the rest on the way home from school. The little pig! But, it did smell delicious, and he sure wolfed it down, so I assume it was wonderful. Mrs. G. even put broccoli in it this time because she knows we like it. There was also shrimp -yum! I just wish I would have gotten a bite, that's all.

Wow, look at that, a whole post about school stuff!! It's about time, huh? I'm even gonna give you one of these:

Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted. ---Garrison Keillor

7 comments:

Jerry Critter said...

Wow! I've been doin' my numbers all wrong all these years. Who would of knowed?

The Bus Driver said...

haha who comes up with that stuff!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The babies are sweet.....Love the quote.
I can't believe he ate it again...you are going to have to start hiding some food from him. that is what I am getting to. They eat too much and constantly at this age. I tell Lo that she eats like a lumberjack.

Christina said...

You've given me a hankerin' for pasta salad!

Clippy Mat said...

precious moments.
ow, gettin' hit in the privacy...
LOL
:-))

C said...

i LOVE the ma n pa kettle math flick. used to watch all their movies when i was young.

C

Not Quite Grown Up... said...

That math video is hilarious. I teach using TERC Investigations where we are not supposed to teach any algorithms - the kids are supposed to discover them on their own (which, ha!). Maybe those folks learned using all the new reform math curricula.