LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Silly Sissy...

Yesterday I told you about my excitement at Old Navy.  On the way home that night, I called my sister to see if she would go back there with me and give me her opinion.  I know she will be brutally honest, and let me know if I shouldn't be seen in public in those pants. 

While we were talking she said, "Oh, you know what, I have a pair of brand-new jeans that are size 12 that you can have."  I asked what brand, since we all know different brands' sizes run different.  When she said Gloria Vanderbuilt, I got a little excited, because I've always liked the way that brand fits me.

I went to my sister's yesterday to visit, and at some point she said, "Hey, come and try on those jeans."  When she handed them to me, I thought, "Hmm, these don't look big enough..."  And, I told my sister I didn't think they were going to fit, the legs looks too narrow, etc., but she said, "Just try them on!  They're stretch denim!" 

Well, I could tell it wasn't going to end well.  They barely got up my thighs.   LOTS of pulling and tugging happened, with my sister yelling, "Come on, they're going up, keep pulling!"  They finally got up over my booty, but there was no way they were going to button or zipper.  I peeled them back off, and my sister said, "Just keep them anyway.  You can try them on every couple weeks for motivation."

Later, when I got home, I went to fold them and put them away, when something caught my eye.  That something was the tag.  The tag that said SIZE 8EIGHT!!  Are you kidding me!!??  I immediately texted my sister, while laughing my ass off.  (ahhh....if only that were literally possible, huh?  I'd be able to get those damn jeans on then!)  I told her she was just trying to burst my Happy Bubble that came from getting the Old Navy 12s my big butt!  She texted me back, telling me she suddenly remembered the whole "story" behind the jeans, and yes now she remembers that they are 8s.  Then she said, "Well, that has to feel good that you actually pulled up a size 8 jeans!!!!"  And, that it did, Sissy, that it did!

4 comments:

Jim said...

LOL! Hold on to those Lisa.....you never know!! If that is what you want.

M said...

Now that IS funny! Good for you...and a new incentive to fit into those? GO GIRL!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.