LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Greetings from Syberia....

...oh, wait, I'm still in Chicago, aren't I?  When I left the house at 5:30 this morning to drive my parents to the airport, the windchill was a refreshing -30.  It's warmed up considerably since then, and the windchill is now -20. =)  (I think the actual temp is -1)

My mother just called about an hour ago to say they arrived safely, they had already had lunch, and a few cocktails, to boot!  Then she went on to say, "That IT!  We HAVE to get a place here!"  She was thrilled with the almost-80 degree temperature swing they experienced in less than 2 hours.

Ok, ok, I hear you yelling at me!!  Alright, already, I'll tell you a little about the job!

The short story is I was offered a full-time position with Kensington School.  I may come back later and write about the actual interview (it's a post all unto itself) but for now, I'll skip to the end of the story.  I will be covering a maternity leave in a preschool classroom until the end of the school year.  Yay!!  Those of you who have been around since the beginning KNOW how much I've wanted to make the move to preschool.  In the fall, I will be moving to their new school, in some type of director position (God willing!).  That's the plan for now, so I hope it doesn't change.  I don't have an official start date yet, but I'm hoping it's as soon as next week.  I have paperwork that needs to be filled out, and I need to get a physical and TB test.  Like I said, I hope to get it done this week.

I have to be honest, though, and say I'm already really sad about not being available at the drop of a hat for my Monkey.  I already miss her, and I haven't even started working yet. =(
(She was playing with Stud the other day at my parents' house, and this is how she came downstairs.  Stud got her to put the gloves on for the first time, and she LOVED them!)

6 comments:

Tamar Flower said...

Congrats on the new job..

M said...

I hope it all works out...you deserve it!!!

And that monkey....she is sooo darn cute!

Jen said...

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!! :)

Gberger said...

Oooohhh, she is so CUTE!
I'm off to check out the school's website. Congratulations (again)! What a perfect way to transition - a half-year post, and then a new one. You are going to be a gift to those kids and their parents! God bless you and your peeps!

Stephanie said...

HUGE Congratulations to you! Such wonderful news and those babies will be so lucky to have you!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Where did your parents fly to???
The job sounds great...crossing my fingers it all works out for YOU. XOXO