LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 28, 2012

Break

I know I haven't been around much lately.  That's partly because I've been spending an exorbitant amount of time with Monkey (YAY!!) and partly because I just haven't been feeling much like writing.  I thought maybe I'd be able to finally sit down this weekend and start a long-overdue post about my trip to Italy.  But now I'm not going to be around.  For the first time EVER, CSJ has asked me to join him on a work trip.

Nothing exciting, but still.  I think we're headed to southern Illinois.  We'll be leaving at about 4 am tomorrow morning, and we'll be back late Sunday night.  He'll be working all day, and I'll be stuck in the hotel room.  But, at least I'll get to see him at night, right?  I was hoping for some hot hotel sex snuggle time, but since we'll be up and out by 4am, then he has to drive at least 5 hours, THEN he has to work all day, I have a feeling he'll be passing out the minute his head hits the pillow.

But, it's just nice that he asked me to come with him.  I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder.  Since I've been home, he's been sent out of town 3 times.  Man, I really hope he gets this new job!!!

Oh, I guess I forgot to update you about that.  Well, it's not so much that I forgot, there's really nothing to tell you yet.  He hasn't heard anything.  However, the man who interviewed him told him he's the ONLY candidate.  You can't ask for better odds than that, right?

Also, his friend who referred him just started working for this company two weeks ago.  He told CSJ that there was about two weeks between when he interviewed and when he was called and offered the job.  So, I've been trying not to dwell on it too much.  I'm going to just keep praying (as I hope you all will) and see what happens.  I will keep you updated.  Thanks to ALL of you who have been pulling for him, and leaving me such sweet, encouraging, thoughtful comments about it all.

Speaking of sweet, encouraging and thoughtful, thank you to all of you who have clicked over to C's page.  I can't tell you how happy I am for her!!  The outpouring of love and support that she's received is going to make such a difference in her life.  She absolutely deserves some GOOD finally!!  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, go down a post.)

Wow, I didn't plan to write more than a sentence or two.  Maybe my writing juices are starting flow finally.  Hopefully there will be free wifi at whatever hotel we're staying in, so that I can pump out a few more posts while I sit all alone in our room.  If there isn't, I'll be back to check in with all of you on Monday.  Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

Have a nice break. Hope you get lots of R and R anyway and a nice change of scene.
:D

Busy Bee Suz said...

If you don't share your Italy photos soon, well, I'm gonna have a hissyfit. And that ain't pretty!

Gberger said...

I hope you had a great trip with your man, and that both of you got some good rest and "snuggle time." I am praying with you and CSJ that he will be led to the right employment - a place where he will be "blessed to be a blessing." It's out there - every employer needs GOOD people!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Its funny how sometimes you just aren't feeling it and think you don't have much to say and then you get started and it all pours out!

I hope you had a great trip!

Sonya Ann said...

Please explain hot hotel sex. Ummmm, never mind. HAHAHAHA that one made me laugh!

Stephanie said...

Enjoy your road trip! Hope it is everything you need it to be. (umm and I really want to see those photos of Italy!!)