LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Well, that wasn't so bad...

The first day back went as well as could be expected. In some regard, it was better than expected because I didn't get any new kids. I thought for sure I would. On the other hand, I didn't have any transfer out, either.

It was rather chilly here in Chitown this morning. When I got up, the weatherman was talking about sub-zero windchills. By the time I left for school, the temperature had climbed all the way up to the single digits. Woo-ha!! Talk about refreshing!!! I was hoping the cold would keep some of the kiddos home this morning (yes, I know I'm an ass, thanks!) but alas, that was not the case. I did get excited when I picked them up this morning because there were only 9 out of the 31 babies there. But, slowly they started trickling in, and by 9:20, there were 24 little darlings there. Thank goodness there were 7 out, because I only have 24 seats in my room!!

The babies were so quiet and subdued when they arrived, I just loved it. That's absolutely typical of the first day back after a break. We made it through the whole morning using our quietest voices. They were a little loud when I picked them up from lunch, but then they settled down pretty quickly for rest time. As expected, most of them fell asleep, and I listened to a symphony of their 'baby snores" while I ate my lunch. It was marvelous!

I was SO happy to see my little TN. I really, really missed him over break. I wanted to take him home with me, and I'd bet my big behind that if I had proposed that to his mom, she would have readily agreed. That's just so sad, isn't it? In my fantasy world, I would take him home and raise him as my own, but then reality bursts that little bubble, and I remember his psycho mother and the crap that is his life. OK, I'm trying to keep this post upbeat, so....moving on....

Time to go appease the loser in me by watching the premier of The Bachelor. I swore I was done with it after last season, but here I am, getting sucked back in again. Geez, there's already somebody crying!! It's the first freakin' night!!! This show is like a bad train wreck. You just can't look away. I'm thinking that the people on this show seem crazier each season because they keep picking the Bachelors and Bachelorettes from the cast-offs of previous seasons. The girls on this season all watched last season, and are under the delusion that they actually know this guy. OMG!! Jillian and Ed just walked in! WTF? Time to go get under my blankie and watch this nonsense in comfort. Night night!!

2 comments:

Gberger said...

I love how much you care about your babies! Welcome back to school.

Katy said...

It's gotta be hard - husband says I'm gonna be trying to save all the kids once I start teaching. Your babies are lucky to have you!