LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

How is it only Thursday?!

This is pretty much the message I got from the Universe yesterday! Thanks, Pissed Off, for this laugh. Why is that every time we have a Monday off, the rest of the week just drags on and on?

And, the warm, fuzzy feelings just keep going. Today was not much better than yesterday, except that there were 5 kids out, so that was a little better. But, my two little trouble makers from yesterday were both there, so I had my fair share of stress today. They ALL were a little nuts today. Even Ms. H. had it with them today. She said, due to their behavior yesterday, she was going to make them have silent lunch today. I made a point of walking all the way into the lunchroom with them, and reminded each and every one of them that it was to be a SILENT lunch period. I left them with Ms. H., as usual, and thought they understood. Well, when Ms. H. brought them back, she was beside herself. Long story short, I told them they would be having silent lunch again tomorrow, and that I will be sitting with them. So much for getting a break tomorrow....

I woke up in the middle of the night last night because I couldn't breathe. All day today, my sinuses have been doing that delightful little dance that goes, "Stuffy nose, runny nose, stuffy nose, runny nose, 1, 2, blow, blow, blow, 3, 4, breathe through your mouth..." You get the picture. So, in addition to dealing with my little darlings and their poor behavior, I was dealing with my nose issues and a head that felt like it was literally going to explode. Oh, and don't forget the friggin' 8th grader I got to babysit all damn day!!

Thank God tomorrow is Friday. I was really tempted to stick around after school and prepare a sub folder, and just take tomorrow off. I'm sure this is just the beginning of my misery with this cold, and it would probably serve me well to have a whole day to stay in bed and rest tomorrow. But, I just couldn't bear to stay long enough to put the folder together, plus it's just more a hassle than it's worth to take a day off. Besides the time it takes to prepare the folder, 95% of the time, the sub ignores the damn folder, and doesn't do anything I spell out in my lesson plans. Plus, they usually let the kids run wild and destroy my room. On top of all that, Ms. H. doesn't work on Fridays, so the sub would be alone, which spells certain disaster for my classroom. If Ms. H. was going to be there, I just may have taken a sick day. I guess I'll just have to suck it up. And, no, I'm not referring to the snot running down my face.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think there must be a full moon. Seems like kids everywhere are wild!

miss r said...

My kids are bonkers this week, too. By the way, if I were you, I'd head to the doc right away for some meds. I was dumb and waited 5 days and was absolutely miserable. Whatever I had started out the same way and only got worse. I'm still blowing my nose every other minute.

Anyway, FEEEEL better!

jlo said...

I feel the same way. We've been rained in all week, which means the kids haven't seen the light of day. Totally bonkers. Tomorrow shouldn't be any fun.

Gberger said...

Oh, I hope your sniffles don't escalate. Does Airborne work for you? And I hope you have a nice, restful weekend and feel better!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope you feel better...is it allergies maybe???
Friday is ALMOST here.
Hang in there.
Suz

Pissedoffteacher said...

Glad you liked the picture. It is definitely one of the best ones I've seen.

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

More COPIER Humor....

I can't believe I forgot to tell you this.

When our copies break, we put in a work order with the district. They send out repairmen (at their LEISURE) to fix the machines. We have over 150 schools, so this is not the most speedy process. Well, it is truly a mark of HONOR when you get the huge bright orange sticker....
"BEYOND ECONOMICAL REPAIR"
which means, they will not come out under ANY circumstance to work on that machine. They advise you to just "buy" a new one....since we all have magically huge budgets.