LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weekend Treats

This past Saturday, my cousin had a surprise 50th birthday party for his boyfriend. It was very nice, and we had a great time, despite the fact that we had to drive to INDIANA! We started hearing dueling banjos as soon as we crossed the border!! (ok, I'm just kidding, so if you're from Indiana, please know I mean no offense!!)
-
I made a few desserts for the party. The first one is one of my favorite holiday party cookie. It's so easy! I actually adapted it from one of my favorite Pampered Chef recipes, and anyone who knows anything about Pampered Chef knows that most of their recipes are "cheater" recipes that start with lots of ready-made things. The original recipe calls for you to take a tube of ready-made sugar cookie dough that you then roll out onto a PC round stone (so you're making a cookie pizza). As soon as you pull it out of the oven, you pour a bag of white chocolate chips over the cookie and let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until the chips are soft and melted. While you wait for the chips to melt, you take some starlight mints and crush them up with your PC chopper (and you don't have one of those, put them in a big ziplock bag, and beat them with a rolling pin or meat mallet) When the chocolate is melted, spread it evenly over the cookie, like frosting, and sprinkle the crushed mints over the chocolate. You can let the chocolate set up on the counter, or put in the fridge for a few minutes, but we can never wait long enough for that! We usually eat it immediately, while the chocolate is still melty and gooey. YUM!

Anyway, this season, instead of making one big cookie, I've been making regular cookies, "frosted" with the melted chips, then sprinkled with the mints. I make the sugar cookie dough, but it would work just as well with the pre-made stuff.

I love that the cookies are all exactly the same size and shape. That's thanks to my PC cookie scoop!! And, yes, those are PC cooling racks. (Hmmm, are you starting to realize that this is one big Pampered Chef commercial? I'm sorry, I can't help it, I LOVE THIS STUFF!
I used my chopper to crush up the mints,

I melted some white chocolate chips, and used my small spreader to spread the chocolate on the cookies.
And, there they are! Oh, so good!
I also made some of my nieces' favorite cookies, Peanut Butter Blossoms. The funniest thing about these is that the one only likes the cookie, and other only wants the Hershey kiss, so it works out beautifully!


I also made some of my legendary fudge. I only make it at Christmas time, and all the people I love receive some for Christmas. (I usually make it with walnuts, but I made this batch nut-free because a) my brother doesn't like it with nuts and b) one of my cousins has a daughter with a nut allergy.)

fudge

I planned to also post Stud Muffin's show, but freakin' Blogger is driving me crazy!!!! I guess I'll have to make it a separate post. Good thing................ I'M ON VACATION, BITCHES!!! Boo yah!

(Suz- I've been trying to use Live Writer, but it wouldn't let me insert video. Any suggestions/tips? Then, after I posted it to Blogger, I tried to edit it on Blogger, and when I hit 'spell check' it took all the freakin' pictures out, and put in links instead! Help!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm reading this post, and about half way through it I'm thinking, "Boy, you can sure tell SHE'S on vacation. Then I laughed when I read your last paragraph!

Busy Bee Suz said...

These look just yummy!! You put in a lot of work...I hope everyone appeciates them...if they don't, just mail them to me!

Every once in a while I have issues with a video. I have had to reinsert more than one time before. Sorry. :0 I guess nothing is perfect.
Blogger has all my comments messed up for the last few days too.

Gberger said...

Girlfriend, I am trying to do a modified "cleanse" over here on the left coast, and you are NOT MAKING IT EASY with your yummy cookie recipes! I want some! YUM! Mouth watering. I'm sure you are the belle of every party. YOU GO, Pampered Chef Girl!

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

LET ME MOVE IN PLEASE!!!! With all those good treats and you giving up carbs, you need to be nominated for sainthood!!!!

jlo said...

We should trade fudge recipes. I have a top secret family one that rocks!
And now I'm hungry for sweets1

The Girl Next Door said...

Ack cookies! I have to fit cookies into this year's schedule! I want your cookies! Yum!

K teacher said...

your cookies look sooooo good! p.s. if you ever run out of mints just crush some candy canes... they work well in most recipes.