LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 21

Thursday, July 21, 2011

What is your favourite season and why?

Fall. I think it's obvious why, no? Well, ok, actually I'll explain a little bit. Fall has always been my favorite season. I strongly suspect that has a lot to do with the fact that school starts in the fall. The beginning of the school year has always been my favorite time of the year. The smell of new crayons and erasers, snuggled into a new art box alongside some new pencils, scissors, and glue is the stuff that dreams are made of. That, and new school clothes, new school shoes, new folders, new spiral notebooks are all the things that bring an instant smile to my face.

Besides the start of a new school year, the other (obvious!) reason that I love fall is the weather. It's perfect! Still sunny, yet with a cool breeze, signaling the joy of the upcoming winter weather. I love the "jeans and a sweatshirt" weather of fall. There are few smells I like more than the smell of fall leaves, especially after a rain. Although, I love them dry just as much. Crunching through the dry leaves,or jumping into piles of freshly raked leaves, was so much fun when we were kids. I still love walking through the leaves.

These past few days of unbearable heat makes me long for those cool, fall days. I know it's gonna be a long wait, though, and that makes me a little sad. I'm going to try and focus on the fact that soon we'll be able to have bonfires at night again, where we can sit around making ooey, gooey s'mores, and cracking ourselves up all night. I just hopes I don't have to wait too long.

2 comments:

Mary A. said...

I love fall in Chicago (got married there in October 92), Winter in San Francisco, Spring in Corpus Christi and Summer in Los Angeles.

Ann Summerville said...

Spring is my favorite season. It's not humid, cool mornings and I love all the spring flowers with happy colors like yellow.
Ann