LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Seriously?! It's JULY already?!

Ok, I'm already sad about summer almost being over. I must say, I've thoroughly enjoyed my first week off. Too bad I only have 4 more to go before school starts again. Sorry, I'll stop whining now.

I figured since I was off for the month of July, I might as well try doing NaBloPoMo! I mean, what else do I have to do, right?

Friday, July 1, 2011

Where would you love to go swimming?

Hmmm...let's see...my gut reaction is to say in my BBB (Bestest Blog Buddy!) C's pool! There's been a little chit-chat going on about a certain little penguin heading over to Nebraska, so this just may happen...

Has anyone else out there discovered 7 Little Words? I found it a couple weeks ago while searching through the free apps on my iPod. I'm hooked!!
I went through the free puzzles, and have since purchased another bundle of puzzles, appropriately named Chocolate. If you like crossword puzzles, you'd like this game. It's not as easy as it appears, either. It's the perfect thing for when I'm sitting in the car waiting for Stud, or sitting in the waiting room at the doctor/dentist's office. I've never really carried my iPod around with me, since most of what I do with it requires an internet connection, but thanks to this game, I've started keeping it in my purse. It's much easier to carry around than the giant crossword puzzle book I usually take with me when I know I'll be waiting somewhere. I give it two thumbs up. :)

We are supposed to be hit with record-breaking heat today. They've been talking about it for about a week now. It's supposed to be nearly 100 today, with heat index readings expected to be at or above 103. Yeah, good times, good times... So far, though, it's still in the low 70s, and it's already 11:30. We did have HUGE storms here last night, so I wonder what that means for today's weather. It's very gray and overcast, as it's been since I first went outside at about 6:30 this morning.

I've been worried about this heat warning for today mostly because tonight is the culminating show for Stud's summer drama camp. Last year, because they were doing The Complete Works of Shakespeare - Abridged, they did the show outside, in the courtyard, for a 'theater in the round' feeling. They talked about doing that again this year, but then Bro decided that maybe they should do it in the library this year. Well, the boys made it clear that they wanted to do it in the courtyard, so he relented. However, I impressed upon Stud Muffin that it would not be good for the health of his 79 year old grandmother, or his morbidly obese mother, to be sitting outside in this type of weather. He said he would talk to Bro about it again today. I'm almost hoping it rains again, just so they'll HAVE to do it inside. I know, I'm evil.

Speaking of evil, I suppose it's time for me to go into Evil Mommy mode because a certain teenager is STILL in bed, and it's almost noon! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

Don't say it's almost over! Mine just started, too. This is my first week off. We go back mid August.

And I am thoroughly enjoying myself!

I love playing games on my phone.

I just want to thank you for being such a faithful reader (and bloggy friend!)

Pissedoffteacher said...

Not over, you have four weeks of fun left!

Gberger said...

Please tell Stud & his buds to "Break a leg" tonight. I hope the temp suits everyone!

M said...

Not sure if you are a Bulls fan or not but I saw Joakim Noah in NY and shook his hand and took his picture!

I will ahve to come back to play your cool game when I am not paying for internet!!

HAPPY SUMMER! You deserve it!!

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

Whew...hope you manage to stay cool!

And I owe you a thank you...Your post title just reminded me to pay my bills. Oops...

Apparently, I don't know what happened to June either!

Sarahf said...

Our summer break doesn't start for another month! I'm not sure I can hold out that long. Seriously! Fingers are firmly crossed for rain.