LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Whew, that was a close one!

We had a pretty strong storm roll through here this morning. I was actually excited when I saw the overcast, gray sky this morning, and the slightly cooler weather. Well, about 4 minutes into the storm, our power went out. Again. Gah!

Thankfully, this outage only lasted an hour and 15 minutes. Just long enough for the house to feel humid from the windows I cracked a bit because I was feeling suffocated. It was also just long enough for me to finally crack open one of the books in my GIANT stack of summer reads. Now I'm kinda hooked and want to keep reading, even though what I really need to do is finish revising my resume and updating my online application at the community college (which is what I was doing when the power went out). Decisions, decisions....

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

I don't know why we always feel guilty when we crack open a book. Maybe the power outage was a sign to have some special "me" time. I wish we could get a steady downpour here in Texas. I wonder if houses can melt.
Ann