Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm vewy, vewy sweepy....

OK, so I just got home from Day 3 as a "real" bartender! Again, I was there, open to close, all by my big self! I can't believe it, either! It wasn't nearly as busy tonight as it was last night, which made the night drag at times. I made my new martini for a few friends that came in, and it was a big hit with all three! Yay! I was a little surprised, because they were all men, and wasn't sure if a chocolaty drink would be something they would like, but they did. Actually, one of the guys is my brother's buddy who bartends for us on the weekends, and he loved it. He made sure I wrote it down for him so he can make it at the bar. Too cute!

I went in a little early today, so that I could dump the garbages I didn't dump last night, and do a little cleaning. Even though I left right away, all in all, I was on my feet for over 10 hours straight. My dogs are barkin'! Actually, my legs hurt much more than my feet do. Because I tend to lean across the bar when talking to people (mostly so I can hear them), I've noticed I hyper extend my knees, and that's what hurts. The backs of my knees are killing me!

I let myself indulge in a drink tonight (I made myself a "new" martini when I made them for the boys) so I'm more tired than usual. I'm gonna hit the sack. Hmmm, perhaps I should start a separate blog for my Adventures as a Bartender. Wait, didn't I already write about this once? Maybe if I sleep on it, things will be clearer in the morning... Good night!


Christina Shaver said...

Hope you're getting much needed sleep! And hope you're brother's feeling better.

ChiTown Girl said...

Christina, I'm writing this from the bar, so that should give you an idea of how things are going. I did get a LOT of sleep last night, though, so you'd think I'd be feeling a little less tired, but no. By the time I closed, cleaned up and drove home last night, it was about 3. I went straight to bed and woke up briefly at about 8:30, let the dog out, and laid back down. The next time I opened my eyes, it was 2:30! I had just enough time to feed the dog, give him his medicine, jump in the shower and get back over here. I need some Dunkin Donuts coffee!! And, hey, I only have about 8 hours to go :(