LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm far too old for this...

Four nights in a row of working open to close by myself have taken their toll on this old broad. But, on the upside, I made enough tips to almost pay one month's tuition for my son's high school. Too bad I already had to make the first payment July 1. Can you believe that? He hasn't even started school yet, and they want their tuition. Go figure! But, hey, I'm ready for next month!

I'm debating with myself about whether or not I want to work again tonight. I have a feeling we're going to be really busy since nobody's working tomorrow. My brother is having the new bartender come in, but we'll probably need two people. The devil on my shoulder is saying don't do it, because then my brother will have to work instead of taking his "girlfriend of the week" out to dinner for her birthday. Yes, I do know I'm a bitch, thanks. But, hey, if he's well enough to take her to dinner, he's well enough to work, right? Plus, I don't particularly care for the new bartender (she kinda bugs me) and I don't really think I'd be able to work with her behind the bar all night without being bitchy. After all, she works for me, so I don't see a problem with saying what's on my mind. My brother is much wussier about that kind of stuff.

Either way, I suppose I'd better decide soon, because it's almost time to get going. The fact that it takes me at least 45 minutes to get to the bar is REALLY starting to bug me! In the middle of the night, when I come home, it's only about 25, but that's just as bad when I'm fighting to keep my eyes open. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.... Maybe if I tackle the ginormous pile of laundry I have waiting for me, I might gain some clarity. Or least have clean underwear ;-)

No comments: