LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh my....

...I still can't wrap my head around the tragic news I received from my son last night. One of his friends, that he just graduated with, lost her mother yesterday! I can't believe it! Oh, poor dear sweet Melody, I'm so very sorry. I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through right now. This is probably the most critical time for a little girl to have her mommy around. She's about to start high school in less than two months. Oh my God, I can't take it! We'll be going to the wake in a couple of hours, and I still can't get myself mentally prepared for it. I know all the kids from class will be there, along with their parents. One month ago, we were all gathered together to watch our children cross the stage and receive their diplomas. This is just wrong. Ok, I guess I'd better start pulling myself together. I know I'm going to be emotional just from seeing my baby, who apparently decided to move in with his father, without telling me, for the summer. But, that's a whole other post....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, hon! :( I'm so sorry for your son's friend and her family! Hugs to you and your son!

Me said...

So tragic. Was she sick or was this sudden? Just incredibly sad for the children. I'm sure it's going to be a whirlwind of emotions for all of you. I'm thinking of you...

Christina said...

I'll be thinking and praying for Melody and her mom and family. So sorry.

Me said...

I am very sorry to here that as well... I'm curious too if it was sudden or long term? I hope the little girl can move past and grow to be abeautiful young woman, learning a lot in the end...

Ñ said...

How sad! I hope that everyone is doing alright. Lots of prayers