LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's 12:56...

...and I'm seriously drunk! What the hell? I'm at the bar working, and I just drank 3 shots like they were water, and now my head is spinning. What the hell was I thinking!? I still have about 3 hours of work ahead of me. Just great....

**************Monday, May 19
sheesh, I probably should clarify this post, since I was obviously not in my right mind when I wrote it. My brother does this delightful little thing when he makes his martinis. He tends to use a very long pour, so he always makes more than will fit in the martini glass. He then pours what's left into a shot glass (or two, depending on how much he over-pours!) and then he and I usually share it. That's how I've been able to taste most of the martinis on the menu, and then I'm able to help people decide what they want. It's all very serious job-related research, folks, I swear! Well, right before I posted this, my brother had made a Peachy-kini and a Cherry Swizzle, both of which he over poured by two shots each. So, he put down the four shots, I drank one of each and left the other two for him. Well, we were busy, so they sat for a few minutes, and then I brought them over to one of our friends. He drank one, and I drank the other. So that was three shots in about 5 minutes. It didn't take long to go straight to my head, let me tell you! The best thing about martinis is that most of them are pure alcohol, and 9 freakin' shots of it to a glass!! So, these shots were killer, in a good way of course!!

2 comments:

Me said...

It's a good thing :-) Just keep truckin' away and those shots will go down easier than anything else :-)

That is exactly the reason I think we need to hang out :-)

Najia said...

Holy Moly. Good on you sista. You've had a crazy year of work and home, so a little here and there does ya good. Sounds like you're having a blast!!!