LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm gonna get fired...

...I was all set to head up to the bar tonight, when I was reminded that we had a Parents' Club meeting tonight. CRAP! I had totally forgotten all about it. As usual, I couldn't just skip it, since I had to run it (!) plus we were holding elections for the incoming executive board. I was hoping to get the meeting over with quickly, then I figured I'd shoot over to the bar for a while. Unfortunately, due to circumstances WAY out of my control, the meeting went WAY too long, and in the wind-up, I just came home. I have a feeling I'll have a pink slip waiting for me tomorrow night ;-)

The babies were just AWFUL today. AWFUL! Their behavior has progressively gotten worse, and will continue to do so for the remainder of the year, I fear. They want this school year to end just as much as I do. OK, maybe not just as much, but a lot! It was raining all day today, so we couldn't even go outside this afternoon. That's about the only thing I have left to hold over their heads. They apparently didn't get to go to snack yesterday because they were so bad for the sub. Oh well, too bad, so sad! I've said that phrase to the kids a few times now, and it must have stuck with a few, because I've heard them say it to each other. Haha! Too funny!

Thank goodness there are only 24 school days left. And, I'll be out at least 5 of those, so I only have 19 days with the babies. When I think about that, I have such mixed emotions. "How in the world will I teach them everything I still want to teach them in such a short amount of time?" That thought competes with "How the hell am I gonna survive that many more days without smacking one of them!?" We have a field trip coming up, and I'm hoping I can use that for some leverage. Little T.B., the Mad Cusser from yesterday, will NOT be joining us on this trip. As thankful as I am to not have to deal with him at the zoo (where he could be lost in a heartbeat because he doesn't listen or follow the rules!) there's a big part of me that is so sad that he won't be joining us. He's exactly the kid who should be going on this trip. His family will certainly never give him this experience. How sad is that? It just breaks my heart. I'm tempted to make arrangements with his family to take him, by himself, to the zoo, or someplace else, maybe on a Saturday. Just the two of us. One on one, he can be the sweetest baby. But, when I have 29 other babies to deal with, I can't give him that undivided attention he so desperately craves. By the way, I asked our assistant principal what time somebody finally bothered to show up to get him on Monday. (You may remember that he was still sitting there at 3:30 when I left.) Mr. H. told me it was after 4:30!!! Seriously, WTF?!?

OK, it's far too late for me to continue down this path, I just don't have the strength to dwell on it, and I'm on the verge of tears just thinking about it. I'd better get my behind in bed. When I wake up, I will officially be starting the 5th decade of my life. Holy crap!! I'm so old!! Now, I REALLY want to cry.
It is not all bad, this getting old, ripening. After the fruit has got its growth it should juice up and mellow. God forbid I should live long enough to ferment and rot and fall to the ground in a squash. ---Emily Carr

OK, Emily, whatever!

1 comment:

Najia said...

Happy Birthday sweet teacher!!! (ok, well, in about 30 minutes from NOW your time it will be your birthday, but whatever!)

You are the kind of teacher every kid wishes she had. So sorry that CPS doesn't appreciate it the right way.

I wish you many, many more happy and healthy birthdays!!!