LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oh, happy day!

Ok, I'll warn you now that most of you will find today's post INCREDIBLY boring, so feel free to hit the little red x right now.

Today's happiness comes from my favorite source - Monkey!!

CSJ has been working really bizarre hours lately, and has been home a LOT! Not that I'm complaining (much) but I'm used to having my days to myself. He's come home in the middle of the day for about a week and a half now, and today, he walked in the door at about 8:30! Now, he usually leaves around 5:30-6 am, so in all fairness, he did get a couple hours in before coming back, but sheesh! Good thing I haven't been sneaking around with a boytoy, cuz I'd have been caught by now, for sure!

Anyway, I had planned to (once again!) try and see Monkey today. When he walked in, he asked what was on my agenda for the day. When I mentioned Monkey, he practically ran for the door. He's a bit obsessed with her. Seriously. You guys think I'm annoying, I mean bad about it, but he's worse!

I wanted to bring her tutu and get some pictures, plus I had another little present for her. (Mostly because Auntie can't resist the damn clearance section of Walmart!) She now has her very own slide! More about that in a minute.

We met my brother for breakfast at our favorite breakfast place near his house. Afterward, we went back to his place to hang out for the day. Monkey fell asleep on the drive home, but after her nap, we had a rockin' good time!

She was helping me put together her new slide (and yes, my brother is ready to kill me! He lives in a condo, and as you can see, the entire living room has become her playroom.) and she was just cracking me up!

Here's a few shots of her in her tutu. The pictures are crap because a) I took them with my phone and b) she never stays still!! I've already decided I need to try this again because this tutu is a bit too-too short. Now that I know how easily I can make her a new one, I'm planning to do it this weekend.





With her favorite stalker, I mean uncle. Ugh, she's so freakin' cute!!

See, even HE wants to eat her up!

That cute little pink rubber ducky is something Stud picked up for her a couple weeks ago while he was out with some friends. She immediately LOVED it. She didn't put it down once we gave it to her. While she was "helping" me put the slide together, she kept giving her ducky rides on the slide.



She kept insisting on climbing UP the slide, which I knew was going to happen.
She IS a monkey, after all!
Don't worry, after that first ride, she figured out real fast that she needs to pick up her feet. The next time we put her at the top, she didn't even wait for one of us to hold her hands on the way down. She basically just threw herself down, and cracked up! She parked herself up at the top for a minute to catch a couple seconds of Dinosaur Train.
Ok, well, if you're still here, thank you for indulging me. Plus, you must think she's as adorable as I do, or you would have left, right? ;-)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, I love the videos! Her little voice is great, and I'm pretty sure she was singing a bit in that first one. The tutu is too-too cute, and I love me a mostly naked baby, especially at that age when their little bodies are getting bigger and stronger and you can squeeze the crap out of them! I can see why you want to be with her every day. She would do nothing but make me smile!

Mark said...

I just love your little ballerina too! So dang cute!
m.
p.s. Did you brother ask about me?

Busy Bee Suz said...

*laughing hysterically at mark*
The tutu is just so cute on her....surely I would have to wear a shirt when mine comes??? NO?