LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

Blog Buddies Rock

Ok, so by now, most of you know I've been in a bit of a funk. I just can't seem to shake it. LOTS going on around here at Casa de ChiTown, but nothing I feel like writing about just yet. (That's mostly because I can't stand the thought of yet ANOTHER whiny post where I just bitch about what's been going wrong in my life.)

Well, yesterday, my buddy, Ricochet, posted about something called The Happiness Challenge. (This post actually made me laugh, since I had no idea I was the least bit Energizer Bunny-ish!) Basically, the challenge is very simple - post everyday about something that makes you happy.

Since today is already the 6th, I have some catching up to do. These are in no particular order.

1) spending time with Monkey
2) that first cup of coffee every morning, hot out of my Keurig
3) Stud's wicked sense of humor
4) Nutella
5) The way CSJ asks me several times, every evening, "Can I get you something?"
6) reading blogs, and keeping up with my Bloggy Buddies

For the rest of the challenge, I'll try and post things that specifically made me happy that day. Like I told Ricochet, I think this just might be the kick in the pants I need to bust out of this funk.

Now, as much as this post is for Ricochet, it's also for my new friend, Jack. We "met" through another bloggy buddy, Joe. Jack did just the sweetest thing the other day, and made me his Featured Blog of the Week. How awesome is Jack?! (Although, talk about pressure!!) Why not stop over at his place and say hello. Tell him ChiTown Girl sent ya! =)

9 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

Jack has good taste.

I saw happiness post on Ricochet. I'm glad she did it because I know she is not happy about being back in her little hell hole.

Jack Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack Tyler said...

Ahhhh, so! I was wondering why I was suddenly getting hits from all over the country saying that they came from iteachkdg! It's not about me being "sweet;" it's about me paying the attention to you that I should have been right along. And you don't need to feel pressure to perform for my audience; if they were all that demanding, they wouldn't be hanging out with me in the first place!

Oh, and, thanks for the shout-out...

Mary A. said...

I LUV my blogpals!

jwg said...

Having nothing to do with this post, unless to say you make a difference, but thanks for 7 Little Words. It's often the high point of my day and I someimes find myself staying up late waiting for the new game. Do you suppose there is an archive somewhere?

Gberger said...

I'm sorry you've been in a funk. I like the "Happiness Challenge" idea - you can do it! I'll hop over to visit your new friend soon.

Melanie said...

I will take your place as Debbie Downer. If I had the energy I would have laughed at just the thought of any type of happiness project right now. I'm focusing on a Breathe In and Out Project or a Make Sure You Get Out of Bed and Don't Run Away Project. We all do the best we can. I'm glad you're crawling out though. You deserve it.

Mark said...

I love just pushing the button to my Keurig and watching it go. 30 seconds later, I'm in Heaven. Mostly because it's usually around 5:30a.m. and everyone else is still in bed.
m.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The first cup of coffee is the best thing in the world....right up there with fat baby thighs.
What is this funk? I've been meaning to ask you what is going on. I do hope it is temporary and can be resolved with a margarita or three.
xoxox