LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More DIBELS fun...

Today I started testing the babies from the other kindergarten. (There was an "issue" with the testing done by the teacher. Not worth going into here.) Naturally, her babies cracked me up just as much as mine do, especially because I don't really know her babies. Here are a couple of highlights of their funny answers:

Given word - ones
"Ones is a number!"
Given word - happy
"Happy is when you smile really big!"
Given word - rags
"That's what you use to wash your face!" (Sadly, I couldn't give any points for that because she didn't actually say the word "rags" in her sentence. Stupid test!!)

I was giving one of the little boys the part of the test where he had to answer questions about the phonemes (sounds) in the words. I asked, "What sound does insect start with?" He looked at the picture, thought deeply for a moment, and said, "Bzzzzzz" I almost lost it. How cute is that?

Thanks to my darling brother, who brought me coffee at about 7:00 tonight while I was working at the bar, I'm still wide awake, despite the fact that it's midnight. As much as I'd love to write about my own babies today, I know I should be trying to get to bed, especially because I have to be up in 6 hours. I'll be back!
Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression. ---Dr. Haim Ginott

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

bzzzzz. Too cute.
Those little people can make the world a better place...
How in the world do you get the quotes to look like that?
I have not figured that out.
I am so computer illiterate.

The Girl Next Door said...

You have the cutest stories ever. Kids really do say the darndest things!