LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, June 14, 2013

Today on Facebook...

...Stud made a couple of really interesting posts.

This morning my mother told me that I'm useless and contribute nothing to the household.
I couldn't really lie.
So I made her a present.
But she then told me, apparently, she "didn't need her rose bush cut down."
Photo: This morning my mother told me that I'm useless and contribute nothing to the household. 
I couldn't really lie. 
So I made her a present. 
But she then told me, apparently, "she didn't need her rose bush cut down."
 (I had planned to do my own post about this, but that'll have to wait til another day)

This one made me teary-eyed...

 A kid recently asked me about what I want to major in; video games (game design). He asked me tons of questions about how I would go to school for that, where I would go, what facilities that school had. But then, rather cutely, he said he didn't want to be nosy, but he wanted to know why I liked video games so much. So I answered honestly. That video games brought me that happiest moments of maybe my life, moments free from any type of perversion that could be tainted by retrospect, free of worry, or care. People say that they are art, people say they're toys, but I tear up at the thought of the joy they used to bring me. Should I be 100 years old, never will I have been happier than when I was playing playstation or turbografx with my father or when my mother taught me how to jump in the original Super Mario Bros. 3 and we beat that game several times over. As I'm writing this my eyes are actually watering. I can say that those were, without a doubt, my happiest moments and if I could be in a position to help somebody else have a moment like that, I think it would feel wonderful.

6 comments:

joe said...

Did you really tell him he was useless??? haha

ChiTown Girl said...

yeah...not one of my proudest Mommy Moments. I almost didn't post that one because it makes me look like a monster. At the moment I said it, I was seeing RED! :(

M said...

At least your roses are on the table...I had a full rose bush and when I came home in the afternoon the roses were all GONE!!!And there wasn't a full bouquet on table but full bellies in a couple of deer! And I had thought about cutting them that morning but I was in a hurry...bummer.

Poor Stud!

Jim said...

SWEET! And he is how old? He is so in touch with his emotions, Lisa. This is good as not many kids are.
You did good! Now you have me feeling a little weepy!! Thanks!! lol
Hey, maybe that rose bush will have a second 'flush' before the end of summer?
This was a great post. You could hire Stud to sub for you on occasion!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think he is just so sweet....even if your roses will take forever to re-bloom. I think it's healthy for them to be cut down so much though.
I didn't know he wanted to do the video gaming thing for school. That is awesome!!!!
XOXO

Maria said...

He sounds as if he is having some Holden Caulfield moments....

And you know...I once told my daughter that she was a "little arrogant snot." So...we all have our moments. I've also had great mother moments and I know you have as well.

Motherhood is not for sissies.

And wow...what a sweet, sensitive boy you have there...