LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, June 9, 2013

um....holy hell...

I've been avoiding doing anything with the 311 pictures I took in Italy last year, because I couldn't bear to look at myself.  It was when I got home from that trip, and saw those pictures, that I decided I HAD to do something with myself.

I finally, this week, put the pictures together to share with KC, my SIL.  I didn't want to let her see them, but she's only been asking me for 10 months now!

I pulled out some of the worst ones to share with you.  I've been putting off this post for about 3 months now because I wasn't sure if I wanted to humiliate myself like this, and let you see some horrible before photos.  But, then I decided that instead, I'm going to focus on the after, and how far I've come.

So, here goes....

m
I know it's just a lucky camera angle on this next one, but we look fairly close in size here. =)

And, there you have it.  That's really just the tip of the iceberg.  I had intended, 10 months ago, to do some posts about my trip with KC, but I was ashamed to let you all see the pictures of me.  But, now that you've seen the worst, what difference does it make!?  I'm going to try and get some posts together this month, so stay tuned!

7 comments:

M said...

WoW! I would love to see more Italy pictures too...amazing that you have the will power to lose the weight you have!

GO GIRL!!

Did you ever dream you would be doing a 5k?!
Happy Sunday!

Gberger said...

Congratulations! You are an inspiration!

Stephanie said...

You know what, I think you look beautiful and happy in all of them. Beyond that though, you SOUND happier now, so a great big YEAH YOU!! Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your journey!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm happy you've shared!
You look so healthy....of course, you are always a happy person, but your energy seems to be evolving.
LOVE this!!!!
Love you!
XO

Jen said...

You've lost an entire person size and you look fantastic. :)

jlo said...

Way to go! Nothing is harder than losing weight!

Melanie said...

I totally understand what you are saying about looking at old pictures and being ashamed - believe me, I do - but when I see you I see your truly gorgeous and lit-up smile. Really, I do. You generate life and warmth and sweetness regardless of size. That's just a number and does not define you. That said, your heart thanks you for all of your hard work and you should be so proud of yourself and how much better you feel now!