LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm trying...

...to embrace the fact that we're having an early spring. Last week, we hit the low 70s one day, and had a couple of days in the high 60s. This week coming up, they're predicting 3 days in the 70s. It's only the first week of March, people. In Chicago.

Ok, truthfully, I LOVED the day we had in the 70s last week, sun and all. Like I said in the post I wrote about it, I opened my sunroof wide, and soaked it all up. I could probably deal with that weather 300 days a year. I still need my couple of months of winter and snow, guys.

Stud is on spring break next week. I'm REALLY tempted to take a few days off to hang out with him. If they just happen to be days that are in the 70s, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal, right? ;-)

I really do like spring, though. Spring and fall are my two favorite seasons. I've said before, I'd love a year of 5 months of spring, 5 months of fall, and 2 months of winter. PERFECTION!

One of the things I love about spring is the watching all the gorgeous spring flowers bloom. I couldn't resist picking up these little cuties the other day while grocery shopping. Honestly, I picked them up for my mother-in-law, as we were going to visit her that evening, but then I forgot them at home. No, I did NOT do it on purpose, thank you very much! After a few days, I knew I wouldn't get them to her before they died, so I trimmed the hell out of them, found a cute little jar (repurposed candle jar) and voila! They've been making me smile all week.

11 comments:

Maria said...

I agree. We've not had a proper winter here. I love Spring but what I love the most about it is that you feel as if you are finally coming out of the ice. This year, I feel like we never really went into it.

And hey....LEE DEWYZE is playing at Viper Alley tonight in Chicago. You lucky duck! GO SEE HIM!

Jen said...

Five months of spring, five months of fall, two months of winter = Estes Park Colorado. ; ) Except there it snows fall, winter, spring. LOL

Mary A. said...

LOVE tulips!

Alas, Spring Break in SOuth Texas is chilly and rainy. Feel like I'm in seattle.

M said...

The flowers are beautiful in that little jar!

I agree spring is wonderful! I am a much better teacher whent he sun is shining and I loved this week...even though it was 40 degrees when I rode to work. Unfortunately it will rain again all next week :( I too prefer snow over rain!

Happy Weekend!

Stephanie said...

I'm missing the arrival of spring at home right now but that's ok with me! This means I'm missing the last of the snow right?
Love the way you repurposed the jar:)

Jason, as himself said...

I love tulips.

We have had a very bitter, harsh, relentless winter here.

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I love the flowers!

I'm glad you are enjoying the weather somewhat....I know you would have loved more snow.

I hope you do take a day off or so for yourself....this time of year, I usually need a mental day or two! :)

Unknown said...

They are beautiful. I love Spring too. I hope you can play hooky on some of the 70 degree days next week! Crossing my fingers for you!

Busy Bee Suz said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the tulips.
Spring and winter? What is that?

Jim said...

Looking forward to seeing tulips here....in the garden but not for a couple of months yet!
I LOVE your idea of 5 months of spring and 5 months of fall.....I can do that!

Mike said...

It was such a strange winter everywhere.