LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Mommy and Daddy!

Today is my parents' 42nd wedding anniversary. Yay for them! I think the secret to their longevity is that my mother spends six months a year at her villa in Italy, while my dad stays here, but hey, whatever it takes!!

Because I'm celebrating such a wonderful occasion, I won't bitch about school today, or the fact that there were STILL frickin' kids there today!!!!!!

I'm off to meet my family at the bar to celebrate 42 wonderful years. OK, 42 years ;-)

I couldn't pick just one today, sorry:

Strike an average between what a woman thinks of her husband a month before she marries him and what she thinks of him a year afterward, and you will have the truth about him. ~H.L. Mencken, A Book of Burlesques, 1916


A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~Paul Sweeney


Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock. ~Author Unknown


Spouse: someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single. ~Author Unknown


It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner


The difficulty with marriage is that we fall in love with a personality, but must live with a character. ~Peter Devries


If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? ~Source Unknown

1 comment:

Sugar Jones said...

This is pretty funny. My husband and I are separated and loving it. We spend most of our days together when he's not flying (he's a pilot) but at the end of our days, he goes home and I stay here. It's great having our space, but it's starting to be a bit expensive. Maybe I should just have him move back in and let him send me off to your mom's Italian villa the other six months of the year? I'm thinkin' that'll work for me!