LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, November 10, 2013

2013 Day Ten


This is all I want to do right now.  I'm SO tired.  Yesterday's Day from Hell really wiped me out.  Then today was another busy one.

For the very first time, I did the reading during our church service today.  Last Monday, at Bible study (one of the "new" things going on around here...) the pastor asked me if I'd ever be interested in doing it.  He said he usually gives people plenty of notice (my first question!), and I said, "Sure!"  Well, imagine my surprise when he called me on Friday, and asked if I'd do the reading today.  I spent the rest of the afternoon preparing.  I printed out the passage, complete with the phonetic pronunciations of certain words, to make sure I didn't screw it up.  I think it went pretty well. =)

Then, after church, I went to hang out with some friends from grad school.  One of my girlfriends moved, and so we got together to see her new house, and do a little shopping.  Well, the rest of them shopped, since I have zero interest in purses, makeup and/or jewelry!  (My girlfriend had a few "demonstrators" there to show off their wares.)  It was a really nice afternoon, and it was great to see my friends who I haven't seen in FAR too long.

I've been fighting sleep since about 5:30 this afternoon, but I'm about to give in now. Good night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

No comments: