LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When is this misery going to end?

It is so incredibly miserable outside right now. This God-awful heat continues here in ChiTown, much to my dismay. Thank the sweet Lord, my air is fixed!! I was out shopping with my sister this afternoon, and every time we stepped outside, it felt like we were walking into a blast furnace. There was an alert earlier today about the poor air quality. The 283% humidity didn't make it any easier to breathe. We both decided that walking to our car felt like we were walking next to an open grill, or standing in front of an open oven, while trying to breathe underwater. Sounds great, right?

Now, for the past hour, there's been a constantly streaming weather alert on the TV. We're supposed to get severe thunderstorms tonight. Great. I have a feeling my power will be going out soon. And, if that happens, we're screwed. We'll be stuck here cuz CSJ is out of town again.

Oh, holy crap, they just broke into the show I have on to say there is now a tornado warning going on. WTF?! Guess I'd better go check in with the rest of my bloggy buddies before the power goes out.

5 comments:

M said...

Ohhhh, so sorry...I do like the hot and humid but I will pass on the tornado!

Do you have drinks in the basement?!

Gberger said...

Take care and be safe. Is your basement the best place to be for tornado warnings?

C said...

YEAH we saew on the tv too that your area was getting hit hard. of course, we think of you n stud.. please stay safe, and i hope your power doesnt die!

hurry, just run down here and get in our pool!

jo is still in austin, texas with dennis, our lil bro. she will be leaving him on friday, i think, to go spend time with her daughter and new beebee.

Mark said...

So, did you survive the evening? If you're dead, don't worry about writing back. I'll understand. m.

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

yay for the air conditioning! But I sure hope your weather calms down soon.