LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happiness is...

...the fact that, currently, my weather widget says 63. Ahhhhh....all the windows in the kitchen are open and there's a gentle, cool breeze blowing in....

...that it's been raining, on and off, for about 3 hours now. It's a gentle rain, despite the weather guy saying we were in for a big storm, complete with thunder, lightening and hail...

...that dinner is cooking away in the crock pot. I'm trying something a little different and I hope it's good. I've posted a million times about my favorite Mexican chicken in the crock pot, but today I decided to try it with pork tenderloin instead of chicken. What could be bad about that, right? Shredded pork, corn, black beans, cheese, sour cream, avocado, yum...

...that Stud seems to have transformed over night from a goofy, sometimes annoying, teenager to a responsible young man. A young man who is 3 days into his senior year, and who will be (gasp!!) 18 in less than 2 1/2 months...

...the fresh box of Swedish Fish I bought yesterday. I can't wait to enjoy a few...

...the brand new, and very exciting next chapter in my bloggy buddy, The Girl Next Door's, life...

...that I'm almost finished composing The Post, where I fill you all in on what's been going on around here lately...

...my life, at this moment...

7 comments:

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

Exciting things going on! Isn't it amazing how fast those babies grow up! I'm anxious to read The Post.

I'm also eating Swedish Fish right now!

Mark said...

And I'm happy that you can recognize the happiness.
Your Friend, m.

Gberger said...

HOORAY! I love hearing all of the good things and your gratitude for them. Hugs to you and your wonderful young Stud-Muffin.

Katy said...

So glad things are going well for you!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

All that and a bag of chips. :)
Your weather and food sound perfectly wonderful...and would make me very very happy.
SM is a senior...and is almost 18? It was only a matter of {tears} time!
xo

joe said...

I'm still in the process of transforming into responsibility. I'm not quite there yet..

jlo said...

Sooo jealous of your weather. Still got cleavage sweat over here!