LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 3, 2009

Updates

Ok, it's been a bit busy around here since last I posted. After receiving that very exciting news yesterday, I had to get over to my Daddy's house, as he left for Italy yesterday. Stud needed to say his good-byes, and then I drove him to the airport. My niece came along for the ride, and we spent about an hour hanging out with Grandpa at the airport and had lunch together. When it was time for him to go to his gate, she was NOT happy. She kept telling him that he should sell his ticket to someone else and just stay home. Thanks to the NEVER-ENDING construction on our expressways and tollways, it took much longer than anticipated to get home. I had just enough time to get in the shower and get ready for an appointment with the "girly" doctor. Nothing like having your naughty bits poked and prodded to end your day on a high note! (Truth be told, without really putting all my "bid-ness" out there, I really did have a great appointment, and was able to by-pass a procedure that I was dreading.)

Ok, so my point is, I didn't get a chance to share the little updates I received throughout the day. On the way to the airport, my friend, who originally broke the good news to me, called to tell me that some of the staff were in a frenzy. The two LLTs, and a few other teachers (who have been there the longest) were running around like chickens with their heads cut off, cleaning out files, purging closets, one was even filling out report cards (WTF?!?!? Shouldn't that have been DONE already?!) The business manager (the woman in charge of all our money!) was frantically SHREDDING PAPERS AND FILES!! Seriously, WTF?! Perhaps there's more to this firing than we know. However, NONE of us are shocked or even surprised. We've known for quite some time that there was plenty of dirty business going on in our office. For example, what happened to $60,000+ in Special Ed funds that mysteriously disappeared? (Could that have something to do with the fact that we were under a microscope this year surrounding our Spec. Ed. dept. and practices?) Or, where is the monthly check we supposedly received for having a tower on our roof (for some mobile phone company)? We've always assumed it went straight into the Big Cheese's pocket. The business manager is one of the shadiest people I've ever encountered. I'm really hoping she's the baby that gets tossed out with the bathwater!

Later, I received a call from another friend (the one who is supposed to be moving down to kingergarten with me next year) who told me she heard that the new principal is a woman. That makes me a little nervous. I hate to even say it, but I don't like working for women! They tend to be very controlling and bitchy. Sorry, I know, as a woman, I have a lot of nerve even saying that. But, it's been my experience. Anyway, she supposedly also heard that as of right now, none of us have to worry about our jobs. This was a concern, as sometimes principals like to bring in their own people. Or, at the very least, change everyone's assignments and shake things up. So far, it doesn't seem like that's the case, but then again, she hasn't even started yet!! I plan to go up to the Hell-Hole and meet our new principal on Monday.

This past school year, many of us laughed every day because The Big Cheese had this placed on our marquee when school started - "Hell-Hole School - The Happiest Place on Earth!" It was there all year. And every time we saw it, we laughed. Well, I'm hoping that maybe now, that will be true! I'm determined to go into this new adventure with a positive attitude and just hope for the best. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst....

Ok, on a lighter note, I just totally stole this from Happy Wife, Happy Life. It made me giggle!

4 comments:

Bon Don said...

Hi Doll!

Your Hell-Hole sounds like my job!! hahaha and I agree with you 100% about working for a woman, good luck....I'm positive you'll be just fine, who wouldn't think you're awesome!?

xoxoxo
*Bon Don*

Jason, as himself said...

You don't like working with women? I hate to break it to you, but you're in the wrong profession if that's the case.

I enjoy working with women, in spite of their bitchiness and stuff. Most of the time!

And don't school politics just want to make you bang your head against the wall sometimes?

ChiTown Girl said...

Jason, not WITH women, FOR women. BIG difference, honey! I'm glad to hear you enjoy working with women. After all, we are better than men in almost ALL areas! tee hee!! Even in spite of our bitchiness and stuff! ;-)

Clippy Mat said...

whoohoo! here's hoping the next big cheese is much better... can't be worse right? :-)