LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

We'll miss you, Tigger!

I was putting this off because I was just so saddened by it, but I wanted to take a moment to honor Randy Pausch, who passed away last week. When I heard the news, I had just come home from the bar, so it was the wee hours of the morning, and I turned on one of the news programs that come on in the middle of the night (you have to remember, I don't have cable). When Randy's picture popped up on the screen, I knew immediately what the story was going to be, and I instantly became teary-eyed. Back in February, I posted this, after seeing it on my friend Melissa's webpage. I also received his book as a birthday gift in May, and it definitely is at the top of my list of favorites. I'm trying to figure out a way to get my son to read it without strong-arming him into it. Much has been said about him in the last week or so, and there isn't much more I can say other than he was a wonderful man, great teacher, loving husband, and adoring father.

What a great picture of Randy and his wife!

No comments: