LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

What a day...

My mother left for her villa today. My 16 year-old niece went with her. So yesterday, we all (my parents, siblings and our kids) got together for a combination farewell dinner for them, and birthday celebration for my brother. Yesterday was a long day, as I spent way too long at Sam's Club with my sister, then we went to dinner (which was delish, by the way! We went to my new favorite Mexican place) then back to my parents' for cake. We all stayed too long at my parents', considering we knew today was going to be an early day. There was some major drama this morning involving my niece (not worth going into) so by the time we got going, we were running late. We spent about an hour at O'Hare hanging out, like we always do when my mom leaves. (We do the same when my dad leaves.) Back in the day, pre 9/11, you could go all the way to the gate and all hang out there until take off, but now, you can't get past the first check point, so we sit in the food court and have lunch together.

Then, my dad, sister, Stud and I went back to my parents' house for dessert (what?! there was some birthday cake left from last night!) when we realized that my sister had no car to get home. SO, I had to drive her home, but first we had to stop at her ex-husband's house to pick up my younger niece. By the time I dropped them off, and drove back to my parents' to get Stud, I was ready for a nap. O'Hare is not all that close to where we live, so that was a LOT of driving in one day. (In traffic, it's at least an hour each way to the airport, then all the driving around the airport to get to the parking lot, etc. Then, it was at least 30 minutes each way to take my sister home and come back, thanks to traffic. Ugh! I HATE TRAFFIC!)

Apparently, while I was gone, Stud made plans with a friend, so when I got back, he somehow convinced me to not only let him go to this friend's house, but also to drive him there. Oh, fantastic! More driving!! But, first we had to drive home so he could change (cuz, you know, this friend is a GIRL!) which is the complete opposite direction from this friend's house. Good times, good times....I just got home about 30 minutes ago, which was just long enough to clean Buster's ears and eye, apply all his medications, reheat some pot roast, and check in with you guys.

I'm exhausted, but I'm afraid to lie down, because if I fall asleep, it'll be for the night. I'm not good at napping. My body likes its sleep in 8-hour doses. I have to pick Stud up at some point, so falling asleep would not be good.

It was SO nice not having to go to work today. I'm not working tomorrow, either. However, that's because I have my first professional development meeting for the summer school program I'll be teaching. Can you sense my excitement? Well, at least I don't have to be at school, right? Let's just hope whoever subbed for me today didn't touch the folder I left for tomorrow. But, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he/she messed it all up. Eh, whatever! I won't be there, and I'm sure they'll figure it out.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!! A fucking bird just flew into my window!!!! FUCK!!! Laura, I wish you were here! I'm going out to see if it's ok.

Whew! I guess it's fine. The bird must have just knocked the wind out of itself. It was sitting on the fence when I looked the first time, and now it's gone. Thank God.

Ok, that little adrenaline rush was just what I needed to wake me up. I think I'll go do some dishes or something. Then, maybe I'll continue my movie marathon, since there's nothing on TV tonight. I gotta do something to stay awake until it's time to pick up Stud. :( Then again, the temp dropped to the high 60s today, so maybe I'll just go lie in my hammock with a good book, and enjoy the sunshine and cool breeze. Yeah, that sounds nice.....

2 comments:

Katy said...

Sunshine, a breeze, a hammock and a book - that sounds heavenly! Enjoy the peace and quiet. :)

C said...

oh scoot ovah sistah and i'll join ya... on dat hammock... or did you say hamhock... i could do some good cooking with those, too.

hey speaking of hams... i have SUCH a dirty joke i was told by my father of all people when i was very young... hope it dont offend any of your readers...

ok, here goes..

so... how do you retread an old whore?

stick in a ham and pull out da bone!!!!!


lmfaorof.


told ya it was bad... but funny.