LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Crazy Hat/Hair Day

My little buddy, CS, didn't want to stay at school today. He was embarrassed by how cool his mom did his crazy hair. Check it out:


She did a reverse mohawk, then did a stripe down each side. Then, she dyed the 'stripes' with Kool-Aid, of all things, but it doesn't really show up in the photos. It took a little convincing to get him to stay. He kept saying he looked silly, but then I reminded him that he didn't look any sillier than me!
Apparently, I was right, cuz he stayed! This was the only other baby to come with crazy hair. How cute is she?
This was my absolute FAVORITE crazy hat ever!! This little darling made this hat with his mom. Isn't it just the best?!
I mean, seriously!? Did you see the braid they attached to the back!? Too cute!!
These little cuties came in hats, as well.


The white stuff you see all over their hands and tables is shaving cream. They LOVE when I bring it out. I write different things on the table in front of them, and if they can tell me what it is, they get to smoosh and play with the cream. What they don't realize is that they are giving my tables a nice deep cleaning at the same time. In the beginning of the year, I start out with just letters, then move on to words. Once everyone at the table smooshes their word around, they cover the whole table with a layer of shaving cream, then write in the cream. It a great way for them to practice their writing without using paper and pencil. (Suz, think of all the trees this saves!) When the foam starts to fade away, we get wet rags and wipe the tables down. Voila! Clean tables! And, as a bonus, the room smells awesome.
8
Stud came to school with me today. Many of my coworkers have been asking about him, so I thought today would be a good day to bring him for a visit. I had already made arrangements with New Principal to leave early today because Stud had an orthodontist appointment. He got his braces off!! Woo hoo! Anyway, I'm glad he came. Everyone was so happy to see him. Some of them hadn't seen him in quite some time, and they were amazed at how much he's grown and matured. I think I've mentioned before that when he was in grade school, his school bus used to drop him off at the Hell-Hole at the end of the day, so everyone there got to know him well. They think of him as one of their babies. It's always heartwarming, as his mom, to see how they react when they see him. There were LOTS of hugs and kisses given today at the Hell-Hole. :)
8
Today was a loonngg day, though. The orthodontist took a while. I had promised Stud this morning that when we were done, I'd take him somewhere for Beef Stroganoff. But first, I had to make that Walmart run for Hershey Kisses. Well, as we pulled into our parking spot, it started raining, so we made a mad dash for the store. Then, we ended up running into some old neighbors, so we were there longer than we intended. The whole time we were there, we could hear the roll of thunder outside.
8
We were both STARVING by the time we left. We went to our favorite Polish/Lithuanian restaurant for dinner (which was AWESOME, by the way, even though he ended up not getting the beef stroganoff) and the storm continued. I met CSJ at the grocery store about 1/2 block from the restaurant so he could get Stud, and just as he was coming out of the store, the skies really opened up. It was raining so hard, I could hardly see. I actually picked him up at the door and drove him to his car, while Stud jumped out and stood with the shopping cart, so that CSJ could drive his car back to the door to load his groceries into the car. It was raining THAT hard! The parking lot was already starting to flood as I left the store. Thankfully, I was only about 6 blocks from home.
I'm certain there's water somewhere in my basement, but I'm too tired to even go look. There's nothing I can do about it, so I'll just wait until the storm stops. In the meantime, I guess I'll go stuff my goodies bags with Hershey Kisses....

8 comments:

Katy said...

I love crazy hair day - I always got WAY more into it than my kids ever did. LOL You are a crazy hair genius!

C said...

holy shit layers of america! why would any mama do that to her sons head? she must be nutsoid.

but i love how you did your hair, its so cute and how you made him feel comfortable! you are so sweet dearie, so very sweet to your babies.

and i can smell that yummy shaving cream from here. it's also fun to do body painting with but HEY i wont even go there....


bwahahaha loved the hats, too.

c

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

Your hair was cute. The babies looked adorable too, bless that one boy's heart. You are so nurturing you made it all better.

Gberger said...

I love your idea with the shaving cream! Brilliant!
I love the gift bags and the letter you give to your babies - you are SO KIND and GENEROUS! They must absolutely love you and miss you all summer.
Please post pics of Stud without his braces - WOOHOO! That's a big milestone for both of you. =)

Clippy Mat said...

Crazy hat/hair day!
fantastic.
your 'do' is awesome.
;-)

jlo said...

But, did you remember to close the roof on your car??

ChiTown Girl said...

JLo, you are too funny!!!

Tracey Axnick said...

Love the hats and hair!

Beef stroganoff? Yummmm...ultimate comfort food. :)

Hershey's kisses??? Yumm.....

When you were talking about the rain, I was POSITIVE you were going to say "I forgot to roll up the windows in my car" or somethign like that.

I hope your basement didn't flood too bad.